I have a relative who just passed away and left me a Harmony Monterey guitar. This thing really has me puzzled because there are a few things that are making it difficult to identify the year of the guitar. I have looked around online and have not been able identify the serial number sequence that is in the body.

The top is solid wood, I can see the grain clear through the f-hole. It did come with a pickup system, which had been disconnected and was in the box of the case, which I also believe to be original with the guitar. There are also two different bindings vs. the standard white binding. From what I have been able to gather, the Monterey had not been sold as an electric, so the pickup set has to have been a modification. Here are some shots that I have just taken of it to see if someone can help with its identification...

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
I dont see any pics
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
wats a guitar?

srsly, wrong forum.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by Skater901
Pics or it didn't happen.

/thread
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
you bastard!! someone just passed away and all you care about is the guitar??? jk of course
Quote by shk89
you bastard!! someone just passed away and all you care about is the guitar??? jk of course

Too funny! I have already gone through those annoying stages of grief; grief, denial, anger, depression, alcoholism... Then I decided to use the guitar as a distraction method... Jk of course
you should take it a couple local guitar shops...

more than one to see if the first is just trying to screw you over into thinking they can get a good guitar for cheap (even if your not gonna sell it)
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Aerokizzombie
you should take it a couple local guitar shops...

more than one to see if the first is just trying to screw you over into thinking they can get a good guitar for cheap (even if your not gonna sell it)

Thanks, but not planning on selling it. I have heard of shops ripping people off... um trying to increase their profit margins... "oh, that old... t-e-l-e-c-a-s-t-e-r? There is a reason you found it in the attic, they weren't really all that great... we might just hang it here as a decoration. Here's $150!"
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Electric Guitar forum please

...now if I could only find that "move to forum" button... Anyone know how to move a thread?
Ooh very nice.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
thats a sweet guitar. I'll give u 100 bucks for it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Aug 22, 2009,