i started learning how to sweep a few hours ago and this is where im at, it sounds terrible, i know "go to the sweeping thread" but im not sure how much that thread is frequented and i need help, so heres a link to my ATTEMPT to sweep, can someone please tell me what im doing wrong? how to fix it? and some tips?
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e1d95ed644037e730c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
possibly that your tone is terrible, i hope that its just the recording. try sweeping on a clean setting, then when you can play it well change to distorted, not the other way around. start slow and then speed up, and as always, practice practice practice.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
possibly that your tone is terrible, i hope that its just the recording. try sweeping on a clean setting, then when you can play it well change to distorted, not the other way around. start slow and then speed up, and as always, practice practice practice.

there's your answer. and using a metronome helps
Quote by TK1

this except i don't suggest sweeping on clean channel,
sweep slowly with distortion making sure every note rings out perfectly...

btw i haven't listened cause i couldn't open it... what format is it? (maybe just a bad download)
You started learning a few hours ago. There's your problem.

Also, I agree with the above, practice sweeping with distortion, you will hear if any other strings are ringing much easier.
Last edited by Regression at Aug 3, 2009,
It'll take some time before you can sweep effortlessly under your breath. Practise makes perfect.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
lol i uploaded an mp3 of me sweeping today in the skills section turns out im pretty bad tl it