Before, I owned only a Jackson Kelly JS30. I found that I was able to play cleaner and better on almost any other guitar so when i heard of a sale at my local music store i couldn't turn it down. Tried quite a few guitars for 3 days (most were floyd and expensive), then deciding i wanted a hardtail, i also couldn't take the leap buying a high-end guitar :\, on the last day and refusing to pass up a good opportunity i bought an Ibanez RGA32. I'm in SA so prices are pretty meh: normal sale price = R4700, i paid +-R3100.

My image:

Better image :P

Specification
neck type: 3pc Wizard II Maple neck
body : Mahogany body
fret: Jumbo frets
bridge: Gibraltar Standard
neck pu: LZ3-N neck pu
bridge pu: LZ3-B bridge pu

I'm happy and it definitely plays better than my Kelly
Hows the bridge in them?
This guitar seems pretty similar to the rg321, with a pickup swap they are pretty much spot on (not being similar, but being both affordable yet great guitars).
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Last edited by Popsai at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by Popsai
Hows the bridge in them?
This guitar seems pretty similar to the rg321, with a pickup swap they are pretty much spot on.

the RGAs are made of mahogany, whereas the RGs are made of Basswood (im pretty sure they all are)
also i believe RGAs have an archtop. so no pickup swap would not be spot on, it will sound closer to an S id say, but with more wood.
I've read that the bridge is pretty meh (Gibraltar standard) but I find it perfectly comfortable (are you asking in that aspect?) but remember I'm coming from a guitar i found pretty uncomfortable. They had the RG321 there as well. Took them both off the wall and alternated between playing them. The RG321 was a bit more comfortable (it was better setup though) but i enjoyed the sound of the 32 a lot more than the 321.
Quote by stephen_rettie
the RGAs are made of mahogany, whereas the RGs are made of Basswood (im pretty sure they all are)
also i believe RGAs have an archtop. so no pickup swap would not be spot on, it will sound closer to an S id say, but with more wood.

Actually there is an RG321 in mahogany, i was comparing them both since they are both affordable mahogany bodied guitars, which would end up pretty good with a pickup swap (i believe the rga comes with actives tho).

And yeah i was asking if it was comfortable
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Nice! I really like the finish, just the wood
Quote by King Krapp
Once, I had just finished, and my dad knocks, walks in, and says "Wow, smells like chicken in here."
Quote by stephen_rettie

There is a mahogany RG321 (RG321MH...) and my RGR421EXFM is mahogany aswell.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
that brown stain is nice
apart from that its not my cup of tea
love the stain though
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by James13v
There is a mahogany RG321 (RG321MH...) and my RGR421EXFM is mahogany as well.

I believe that the RG321MH is discontinued.

Anyway Happy new guitar day to 21Fretter!
Very nice looking Ibanez