Im a total music reading and guitar noob so I bought a yamaha 012 and a roland microcube to start learning. well my brother saw my set-up the other day, got all hyped up, and went to the local GC and got a squier fat strat and a fender frontman 15G. I pluged my guitar int his amp and it sounded great. I was thinkin of returning my $130 microcube and getting a frontman because they are on sale for 65 bucks so I could put $65 back in my pocket and being a total noob I can allready see myself not needing to upgrade for a good year or more. I thought playing guitar would be easier what do you guys think? thanks
What type of music do you play?

if metal, don't go with the Fender, you will regret it, trust me.

(and this should be in GG&A)
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I would keep the cube. Its a much better amp in my opinion. You just need to learn to mess around with the settings and dial them in and it will sound better.
fender 15gs are highly unreliable and horrible for anything except medium cleans.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what did you like better about the frontman? It is probably louder since it is 15 watts and your micro cube is 2, but other than that I think the micro cube is a much better amp...what exactly did you like about the frontman?
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Just don't, read these suggestions.

Don't do it.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
i was figuring because im such a noob that i won't really need the microcube's features for at least a year or more. i only need a simple amp for bedroom practice and that I could use the $65 for keeping my old car going. i can always get an amp with more bells and whistles in a year or so or when I can actually play. Right now im just learning to read music, play notes, work on good hand and picking/struming techniques, and learning some chords. I figured the frontman would sound good enough and have enough flexibility to get me through my first year or two. thanks bros
Quote by chuckmehh
what did you like better about the frontman? It is probably louder since it is 15 watts and your micro cube is 2, but other than that I think the micro cube is a much better amp...what exactly did you like about the frontman?

In my unskilled noob hands i could basically tell no difference and it looks like its gonna take a while (maybe 2 years) before i need something with the microcube's potential
I'd hang on to the microcube. When your ear for tone develops a bit more you'll be able to listen to the amp models the cube and decide what style of tone you like and get a new amp that suits that tone.
Quote by SKOOBEY
i was figuring because im such a noob that i won't really need the microcube's features for at least a year or more. i only need a simple amp for bedroom practice and that I could use the $65 for keeping my old car going. i can always get an amp with more bells and whistles in a year or so or when I can actually play. Right now im just learning to read music, play notes, work on good hand and picking/struming techniques, and learning some chords. I figured the frontman would sound good enough and have enough flexibility to get me through my first year or two. thanks bros

Seriously, Just keep the cube. You will be better off in the long run. Alot better off!
I just dont want to throw away 65 bucks that could be better spent elsewhere if the frontman 15G is sufficient for a total noob to progress
what would you use the 65 bucks for?

if it's for food, then i guess you gotta live.

if it's for more gear then you're going backwards.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SKOOBEY
I just dont want to throw away 65 bucks that could be better spent elsewhere if the frontman 15G is sufficient for a total noob to progress

To me a 15 frontman sounds like someone took a speaker out of a 1965 ford and mounted it in a shoe box.
car parts. bottom line, is the frontman 15G up to what a total noob can throw at it for a while until I can actually play something and have an ear for tone? im focusing on taking my time and working on what I mentioned above first. thanks all
you will want the mirco cube back if you do that eventually, but if they extra money is to keep your car running, I understand. If you are just starting and want to play for the reasons you listed, trading the micro cube on the frontman isn't a horrible idea to get you some extra cash I suppose. s
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by SKOOBEY
car parts. bottom line, is the frontman 15G up to what a total noob can throw at it for a while until I can actually play something and have an ear for tone? im focusing on taking my time and working on what I mentioned above first. thanks all

If the cube is better, which it is, and you need money, why waste money on a worse amp for you to progress, it makes NO sense.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
allright dudes, I was wavering and you brought me back from the abyss. Im gonna keep my microcube because right now I can't tell much difference, but down my guitar path I can see me wanting it back. Thanks
and I want to play rock/grunge/metal and I heard this amp is good for that