Have you ever had a friend that just all of a sudden stopped liking you?

Page 1 of 3
I've had this friend for around 3 years, and her and I talked all the time, sometimes for hours on end. She would literally tell me everything like boyfriend problems, or family problems, just anything. And whenever she would text me or I would text her, we would have really long conversations that she would try to keep going and she would always want to hang out with me, but all of a sudden, two weeks ago, she just started acting weird. Whenever I text her, I get answers like "yeah" or "haha". Just stupid short answers, like I'm bothering her or something and it's pissing me off. She never wants to hang out with me or do anything, yet my friends say she still acts the same towards them. Would you say she hates me now?
And I never went out with her or wanted to go out with her.
She has something going on in her life that is bothering her. Bring it up and say that she doesn't have to tell you whats up (even though you know something is) and that if she needs to talk about anything you're always there for her.
She sounds like she likes you but she doesn't want to show it, or she's just a douche.
confront her
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
My fiancee always says "Yeah" and "haha" to me, I don't see what the problem is.

Then again, she also says "aww, just imagine if I was a sharptooth!"

While having sex.

Bitemarks from a "dinosaur" stay for a long time.
You text her when she is practicing
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by Grindar
My fiancee always says "Yeah" and "haha" to me, I don't see what the problem is.

Then again, she also says "aww, just imagine if I was a sharptooth!"

While having sex.

Bitemarks from a "dinosaur" stay for a long time.

what great story...

And TS your probably looking too much into this
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
dude she likes you and is trying to distance herself because she is afraid you don't feel the same and that if she told you and you didnt feel the same then it would ruin your friendship
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Venice King
what great story...

And TS your probably looking too much into this
Definitely not. It's been going on for 3 weeks and all my friends are saying they have no idea what I'm talking about. I didn't do anything to get her pissed or upset either. I usually don't get nervous about things, but I definitely think she wants to stop talking to me.
^

Oh I have tons of friends that have done that to me. When you go five weeks without anyone talking to you, responding to your calls, responding to texts, or even doing anything to stay in contact with you, let me know.
Quote by Jerry.thewise
She has something going on in her life that is bothering her. Bring it up and say that she doesn't have to tell you whats up (even though you know something is) and that if she needs to talk about anything you're always there for her.

Best advice I've ever heard in the pit.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by guitar-guy01
dude she likes you and is trying to distance herself because she is afraid you don't feel the same and that if she told you and you didnt feel the same then it would ruin your friendship

Agree. I have same thing going on.
Quote by Tokenmatt
She sounds like she likes you but she doesn't want to show it, or she's just a douche.

Quote by Jerry.thewise

Both of these sound fairly plausible.
Relationship thread would be best for this.

I dunno what to say though, this might sound crazy, but maybe she likes you as more than a friend, and by doing this she's trying to see if you are willing to go after her? Its a long shot, it wouldn't be unheard of though.
I have this EXACT same problem. I'll stay close by this thread.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
She prob. finds you to clingy and thinks you are a bit of a creeper or she likes you. Did you do something or say something that could have creeped her out a bit? If she is mad at you it has to be something that you can remember. If all else fails, just call her and talk to her about it. No use in wondering and getting sick over it if you can easily get the answer by TALKING to her.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
A couple of weeks ago, I stopped liking all my friends, therefore, I don't hang out anymore. I don't know why I didn't like them anymore, they just didn't appeal to me anymore. Been having a lonely summer so far, and I just don't care. It's pretty weird.
Quote by RocksAwakening5
She prob. finds you to clingy and thinks you are a bit of a creeper or she likes you. Did you do something or say something that could have creeped her out a bit? If she is mad at you it has to be something that you can remember. If all else fails, just call her and talk to her about it. No use in wondering and getting sick over it if you can easily get the answer by TALKING to her.

what is he supposed to do with that information?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Hmmm, I once spoke a whole lot to this girl. (Was one of the reasosns she diddn't suicede ololo)

But then I lied about not turning up at one of her parties because i was going for seeing AC/DC live, and met her at a bar before the concert >.<

w/e awesome concert, no regrets
Incarnation of awesomeness on earth.
Quote by Venice King
what is he supposed to do with that information?

Make the decision based on his horoscope for the day.
I'm just out of it today.

■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
In a way, it does seem like your attracted to her too, but your trying to hide it. But then again you did say that you don't like her. I think you should just ask her if anything's wrong and tell her that she's acting a bit different than usual.
Quote by RocksAwakening5
Make the decision based on his horoscope for the day.
I'm just out of it today.

oh no I think you might be right I just thought it was funny
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by zombies
In a way, it does seem like your attracted to her too, but your trying to hide it. But then again you did say that you don't like her. I think you should just ask her if anything's wrong and tell her that she's acting a bit different than usual.

u should def ask her if anythings wrong
that way ur answer is direct and u would know what to do
i'll stay close to this thread...
Quote by guitarlord28
I thought your avatar was slowpoke
Just leave her alone. Seriously, a friend of mine does this all the time. Every week someone "hates" him and it's so freaking annoying that it makes the person who is "avoiding" him get so frustrated that in turn they actually do start avoiding him.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Just leave her alone. Seriously, a friend of mine does this all the time. Every week someone "hates" him and it's so freaking annoying that it makes the person who is "avoiding" him get so frustrated that in turn they actually do start avoiding him.

i'm sure that this isnt the case..
Quote by guitarlord28
Quote by soccer6
i'm sure that this isnt the case..

Well maybe she got a hobby. I usually ignore texts when I'm in band practice or hanging out with friends.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
keep posting updates TS..i think it should help others help you..
Quote by guitarlord28
hah, just had this with a girl. just met her, talked to her everyday for a month straight, we were having so much fun, we hung out a bit, had lots in common, then one day she just stopped talking to me altogether and gave me those small texts like i was being annoying. two days later i found out she's going out with some other guy now.

...yup... and we're sitting together at a concert coming up, woopity doo?
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Last edited by Connah at Aug 3, 2009,
rape is the only option
Quote by diofan88
I lol'd hard

Quote by tattyreagh
That's terrible and hilarious in equal measures...

theyre talking about my comment
Get a new friend.

Or buy her a cookie.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by soccer6
keep posting updates TS..i think it should help others help you..
I got my friend to ask her about me. She doesn't like me, but she says that she feels like I don't like her anymore as a friend, so she's afraid to talk to me. I call bull****, but whatever.
I'm usually the one that all of a sudden stop liking them. I hate people and can never keep to many people close.
Quote by ToughGuy123
I got my friend to ask her about me. She doesn't like me, but she says that she feels like I don't like her anymore as a friend, so she's afraid to talk to me. I call bull****, but whatever.

That's bull****. Unless she's a very insecure person?
Page 1 of 3