it gets kinda boring and old, i play distorition and fast, how do i make it more punk? not the little sissy punk i mean how to make my solos like RKL,ST,DK etc.
Major Scale, Minor scale.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
What scales are you playing in?
Try some natural minor or something instead of pentatonic.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Use scales other than the pentatonic and blues scale. Try the major scale and it's modes.
solos sounding more punk is kind of redundant. just dont do scales. just do random ****. that'll sound less bluesy.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
Quote by Woogles
What scales are you playing in?
Try some natural minor or something instead of pentatonic.

this or mix all the minors just dont use the blues scale not that hard

stop bending! just do all hammers and pulloffs that'll help dull it down
Last edited by NightEmbers at Aug 3, 2009,
Nothing to do with the scale you use, just stop playing blues.

The pentatonic scale isn't inherently bluesy, it's just the only way you've learned to use it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The pentatonic scale can be anything. Lots of different cultures around the world use a pentatonic scale that is very similar to our own, yet they don't sound bluesy.
play minor scales. don't bend notes as much. play fast and atonally if you want to sound like greg ginn.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!