I just recently bought a Boss DS-1 pedal and would like to know how to change from distortion too clean . I have a Peavey vypyr and when I turn it on I just get a lot of gain and buzz . whats wrong ??
Last edited by JavierFabre at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
It might be the fact that modelling amps don't like pedals/pedalboards. THey give you feedback and stuff.

Or your pedal is broken.. try it with another amp maybe

well I bought it and I ddn't know that . ughh now what am I gonna do ?
And it isnt broken .
Don't want to sound like a douche, but check your knobs. Years ago when I bought a DS1, I had the same problem. Assuming you're new to pedals and the like, just as I was, you might have too much distortion, or the level up way too high. And your amp may still be on the distortion channel maybe.
Quote by stratguy335
Don't want to sound like a douche, but check your knobs. Years ago when I bought a DS1, I had the same problem. Assuming you're new to pedals and the like, just as I was, you might have too much distortion, or the level up way too high. And your amp may still be on the distortion channel maybe.

I use it with all the knobs at 12 o'clock so it isnt that .
make sure your amp is on a clean channel. On the pedal turn the level and gain down really low and see if its still messed up.
With the level at 12 on mine, it was way too loud, I had the level at like 8 or 9 o'clock. One of your instrument cables could have gone out. Are you running it off batteries or an adapter. Also my DS1 was horrible because it picked up all kinds of interference from lights and other things, neon and fluorescent were the worst. Just some thoughts.
Quote by stratguy335
With the level at 12 on mine, it was way too loud, I had the level at like 8 or 9 o'clock. One of your instrument cables could have gone out. Are you running it off batteries or an adapter. Also my DS1 was horrible because it picked up all kinds of interference from lights and other things, neon and fluorescent were the worst. Just some thoughts.

I use it with a battery . But I just changed it yesterday .
This is probably gonna sound really douchey, but if it's right, then oh well...

Are you turning on and off the pedal?...
the problem with my amp is that for it to be clean you have to press a knob and then turn in to one of the clean channel amps . Not like other amps where you just press and get clean .

see the 2 knob you press it and you get clean or dist. but the left side of the knob is for dist. and the right for clean so Id have to twist the knob to one of the clean amps .

Im screwed?
Quote by alphawolf0019
This is probably gonna sound really douchey, but if it's right, then oh well...

Are you turning on and off the pedal?...

what do you mean?
just put your amp on the cleanest sound you can get then turn all the knobs on the pedal down turn the pedal on and turn the knobs up until you get the desired sound.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by JavierFabre
what do you mean?

The DS-1, like almost any other pedal, is turned on and off by stepping on the pedal part. Try this.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by JavierFabre
what do you mean?

Quote by TDS
The DS-1, like almost any other pedal, is turned on and off by stepping on the pedal part. Try this.

Like TDS said.

Is the light on when you have it stuck on distortion?

Step on the pedal.

Did it change?
Ok TS, a distortion pedal is meant to create distortion by itself. That said, if you use the DS 1 and have your amp on a distortion setting, well you will get lots of buzz and whatnot. Also, why didn't you buy the sampera footswitch for you vypyr?