So the other day I was trying out Fenders system for checking what year your bass was, because I was really curious how it worked. So I grabbed my Aerodyne to use as an example. When I bought it I was told it was a 2004, but I checked the site and the examples were "Q+5 digits were 2004" and "Q+6 digits is 1994" mine is Q047146. My dad seemed to think the "0" didn't count, but I don't know why it wouldn't. So according to that, It says its really a 1994. O= So I was curious is there any reason why a '94 would be better or worse than an '04?
Try adding more delay.
Were fender even around in 1994?...

>.>
<.<
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

If it plays well, it doesn't really matter.
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Were fender even around in 1994?...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
your bass will become vintage sooner. yay. I think 0 counts.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
ya I didn't really think the year mattered, but I wasn't sure if like certain years were produced poorly or some crap.

The only thing I coudl come up with wa, like Humanity said, Vintage sooner.

well Thanks, that helps (:
Try adding more delay.
i don't think Aerodynes were made in '94.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Aerodyne_Jazz_Bass

Edit: fender is well known for "screwy" serial number sequences.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Aug 3, 2009,
Seeing as the aerodyne is made in Japan, and the serial number decoder you used is [presumably] for the American models, it probably got confused.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
but I used the JAPANESE code one. So whats upw ith my bass then, because even if it was a 5 digit and the '0' didn't count its still an 4 and everyone says they were introduced in 04 O_o
Try adding more delay.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Fender website says 01/2005

my bad thats what i meant, but ig uess my finger slipped and I didn't check ovr it, ya they weren't introduced until 05
Try adding more delay.
Saying that though, since they were introduced in 2005, and in January, then a number would have to have been built in 2004. Also, all the Aerodyne Jazz serial numbers I've seen are 6 digit with a 0 at the beginning, but only 5 digits (except A) correspond to newer, (1997+) instruments according to the chart, and since Aerodynes weren't introduced till 2005, then that would suggest that the initial 0 is not included.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Saying that though, since they were introduced in 2005, and in January, then a number would have to have been built in 2004. Also, all the Aerodyne Jazz serial numbers I've seen are 6 digit with a 0 at the beginning, but only 5 digits (except A) correspond to newer, (1997+) instruments according to the chart, and since Aerodynes weren't introduced till 2005, then that would suggest that the initial 0 is not included.

wow i feel stupid for not thinking of that XD
Try adding more delay.
I have an idea!

Lets go back to '94 to the Fender factory and ask the line supervisor if he recognizes your bass! Come on, Marty!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I may be completely wrong with that though (except when they were introduced) and presented with the information, that's how my logical brain worked stuff out.

when logic and serial numbers work together I'll sell my rick copy
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

I think that quote just about sums up my experience @_@

lol to the back to the future thing above!
Try adding more delay.
If your Aerodyne is a non-export model it could correspond to a completely different serial number nomenclature.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
If your Aerodyne is a non-export model it could correspond to a completely different serial number nomenclature.

I think miens exported...how can i tell? (it says Crafted In Japan on it)
Try adding more delay.
It's CAR with a pickguard. It's a non-export model.

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by skater dan0

I'll have it!!!!!!!

<_<
>_>
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think