Why shouldn't I kill myself? Or: What is the purpose of life in your opinion?

Page 1 of 3
Firstly, I'm not a troll. I'm seriously considering ending my life. The reason for this is that it's just that this world seems so extremely shallow and judgmental, it's disgusting and I don't want to be a part of this anymore. Also I see a lack of purpose. I don't know what else to do. It's like you're stuck on a math problem and don't know where to continue or what to do next. It's not even so much that I want to die, it's more that I don't want to live anymore, which is even worse because that lacks a goal entirely (as opposed to having a goal of ending your life). So Pit, before I do anything stupid, give me a reason why I shouldn't kill myself, or your interpretation of what the purpose of life is. And by the way, I'm an atheist so religion won't come into play.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Dont do it because even though it would end your pain, by doing so you would cause incredible amounts of sadness to those who love you. And I know, when you're feeling down its hard to believe that anyone cares about you, but they definitely do, and you don't want to leave them with all that sorrow.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
if you're thinking about killing yourself because of the way others act that's a really bad reason. There are plenty of people who are like that but there are lots who aren't. Just like with a math problem, if you get stuck you can ask someone for help or just talk to someone about it.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
You're only 16. You haven't experienced really much of anything that life has to offer you yet. If you take your life, think of all of the people that will be affected by it. Your parents, your friends, everyone you care about. Some of them will feel sorry for you, and some of them will be sad, but some of them will be angry with you as well. Do you truly want that?
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 3, 2009,
Wow. Wrong place to be asking this.

I suggest seeing a therapist and/or psychiatrist. You obviously need some help and the Pit is definitely not going to be able to provide it.
go to a doctor and tell him you're depressed
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Stop watching TV and talking to dumb-asses. Seriously, there are a lot of awesome people out there. You are just looking in the wrong places.
two and a half men.
Read some Albert Camus.

like The Myth of Sisyphus.

Oh yeah.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Yeah, ur not the only teenager thinking seriously of killing his/her self, and the fun thing is, a very large proportion of them doesn't kill his/her self. Now, if you've seriously held a gun/knife/whatever in your hand, on the verge of actually using that object to end your own life, seek help. Proffesional help. Don't make a thread in the pit to bitch about how you want to kill yourself, because that will not help you.

Also, I suggest fapping intensely, and cumming on your computer screen(on a picture of your maths teacher or somethin). The gloriousness of cumming will show you that there is a purpose in life, and that's pleasuring yourself.
Wtf kid? You are only sixteen. How the hell did you reach the conclusion that life isn't worth living when you haven't even finished high school yet?

There is more to life than the mundane stereotypes and cliches of high school life. Get over your problems and move on.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by angusfan16
You're only 16. You haven't experienced really much of anything that life has to offer you yet. If you take your life, think of all of the people that will be affected by it. Your parents, your friends, everyone you care about. Some of them will feel sorry for you, and some of them will be sad, but some of them will be angry with you as well. Do you truly want that?

Massive this! Things are about to get a hundred times worse, if you think its bad when your sixteen.
Quote by imdeth
Because... uhh.. I got nothing.

Tits?

What method of suicide are you considering?

Either gun to the head or inhaling carbon monoxide.
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Don't do it man. Think of all the people in your life that are going to be hurting and crushed if you do. If you need someone to talk to, you can message me. I'm not sure how much help this thread is going to be in the pit.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Why would you want to kill yourself? Why not stay around, if not just to see what happends in 2012?
Why should you kill yourself? Just because you are bored? Suicide is for the weak.

You need help psychological support, get some friends (and maybe a girlfriend) and talk with them about it. Life has good and bad periods, maybe now you are living a bad one, but good things will happen. Just wait. If you kill yourself you will (probabilly) never see and live good things again.
Fellow atheist to the rescue!

As Richard Dawkins says, the purpose of life isnt any big god loves you reason; in this universe full of chaos, the fact that we're here, coordinated complex beings; it's US that gives the universe purpose. And your part of that. So respekt.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Jump infront of a train.

It's more appropriate seeing as you don't like people - You'll get to traumatise people and inconvenience them as well.
Quote by asfastasdark
Either gun to the head or inhaling carbon monoxide.

Well at least urdoinitrite. How long have you wanted to end your life?
Quote by wesselbindt
Also, I suggest fapping intensely, and cumming on your computer screen(on a picture of your maths teacher or somethin). The gloriousness of cumming will show you that there is a purpose in life, and that's pleasuring yourself.

Well that's exactly what I mean... I don't really see much of a purpose in life other than pleasuring ourselves and numbing ourselves, it's like I feel life (which, after all is an amazing thing) is just a while spent on Earth just to pass away and be forgotten sooner or later.
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Before killing yourself do me a favor.

1. Get a camera
2. Get a gun
3. Then say "Welcome to the new flesh"

EDIT: But seriously, if you do just rememebr this. When you kill yourself, you kill your children, grand children, and your legacy. Your legacy will have nothing left except that it was ended by a coward. Who knows, maybe somewhere down the line one of your great great great grand kids might be an influential figure?

Remember that your living for millions.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 3, 2009,
do'nt do it, because a) if u believe in god, and afterlife and all that stuff, suicide usually means u go to hell in those religions.

and b), if there is no afterlife, then well, its like ur just giving up and quitting. and even though life sucks, its better than nothing. ppl think that when they kill themselves, its gonna be like so dramatic and like everyone will think about them how they were so brave bla bla bla, but the truth is, ur just a number, and by kiling ur self, nobody will really care about you anymore than they would wen u were alive.

I counter ur question, with this question, What is the purpose of death? u just lay there in the ground doing nothing, unless thers an afterlife, or something, but like still, wat are the chances, u might as well prepare for both, live ur life to the fullest, and try to do good, just in case, the afterlife thing is actually true.
Quote by asfastasdark
Well that's exactly what I mean... I don't really see much of a purpose in life other than pleasuring ourselves and numbing ourselves, it's like I feel life (which, after all is an amazing thing) is just a while spent on Earth just to pass away and be forgotten sooner or later.

That's because you're pretty much right. But....

...this is all we have. We can't make it any better, so we just have to deal with it and make the best of it or either die.

I, for one, think I can make the best of it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by herman ri2

1. Get a camera
2. Get a gun

Long live the new flesh
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by asfastasdark

You say you are an atheist, yet you see no purpose in living? That makes no sense. If there is, indeed, no higher purpose and no after life, this is all you get. Why the hell would you want to end it?

There may be nothing there after we die. That's why you make the best of what you know you have for the present.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Uhm.. I want to say do et, but you're a UGer, which means I would probably get along with you, in which case, don't. Listen to the people in this thread who've already posted, since I'm lazy and one post won't really matter at this point :P
As I always say: "Rawr"
Quote by herman ri2

1. Get a camera
2. Get a gun

Jerk.

Listen TS, this is not a good idea. As i said before: YOU'RE ONLY 16. Can you even drive? Have you been married? Do you have children? No? If you kill yourself, you're going to miss out on all of these joys and many more! Please, don't do this.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Wtf kid? You are only sixteen. How the hell did you reach the conclusion that life isn't worth living when you haven't even finished high school yet?

There is more to life than the mundane stereotypes and cliches of high school life. Get over your problems and move on.

really, this.
Go Veg.
Quote by asfastasdark

Well, obviously. Don't be under illusions that your life will have any effect on the greater scheme of things. Of course we all pass away and turn to dust, and for the vast VAST majority of us our lasting legacy is an entry in a census giving our name and date of birth.

But that's no reason to kill yourself. You're loved by an awful lot of people, and no matter what you may think, they appreciate you. You'd be killing a part of them if you killed yourself.

At the bottom of everything, all we have is the people we know. If you're making their lives better, even the slightest bit, then you shouldn't kill yourself. To be frank, it's selfish to shift your sorrow onto other people.
I think your objection to the shallowness of the world is shallow. You're just looking at the surface, dig deeper, invest your time and find something worth loving. Human experience is astonishingly broad and expanding all the time, go explore.
TS if you're really thinking about killing yourself might I reccomend reading some Sartre before going through with it? (Sartre had some pretty good ideas on the meaning of life)
Quote by imdeth
Well at least urdoinitrite. How long have you wanted to end your life?

I've been depressed for a good year and a half or so, but my parents won't believe me, they say it's just a stage. I'm strongly convinced that I am though, I have most of the symptoms and feel ****ty every day. I've been thinking about killing myself for a few months now.
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Dont do it because even though it would end your pain, by doing so you would cause incredible amounts of sadness to those who love you. And I know, when you're feeling down its hard to believe that anyone cares about you, but they definitely do, and you don't want to leave them with all that sorrow.

This.

TS: Really, don't. Imagine how hard it would be for your friends or family to find you. You can't because that feeling is unimaginable. Why put people you love through that?

Also, the world does kind of suck but there are good things too. Like love, music, art, cats...the list goes on.

We all go through periods of sadness, they won't last forever if you work at it. Don't expect good things to be handed to you on a plate, go out there and find it yourself. Go travelling, see the world, learn about new cultures. Help others in need and the feeling you get in return is priceless. Don't sit around thinking this is it. It can always be worse, and it can get better.

Good luck, hope you feel better.
The name's Charlie!

Quote by Ur all $h1t
If Scotland wants to be a different country then go and get your independence properly and stop being pussys about it.

Last edited by TheNorthWheezy at Aug 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 3