hi im new to the forum and it all looks cool and i figured this would be the best place to ask about things to do with gear

i want to get a free speach talk box and i have seen players like Joe Perry use talk boxs live without having them mounted with a mic. i was hoping someone could tell me if i could set up a free speach talk box with out a mic and if so how?

cheers
well, the free-speech comes with clip on mics, but you can't really use these mics at higher volumes because they are very prone to feedback. On top of that, the output of the free-speech isn't enough to induce a decent signal with a microphone so you can't really use it live with a proper mic very well... It's not a very useful pedal, it's indended more as a kind of novelty i think... There are good, usable talkboxes if you're willing to pay a bit more for them.

with all talkboxes however, when practicing at bedroom volumes you don't need to be mic'd because you'll hear the output from the tube anyway.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 3, 2009,