So I apologize, I've had a few threads out in the past few weeks, and they have lead to a lot of questions... I'm going to try to get everything answered in this one thread and be done with it...

To get started, I have around $600 for a guitar/amp, maybe more if I sell my paintball gear. Used is an option.

I was thinking of getting a cheaper Ibanez RG, and a cheaper 65-80w crate amp... Than someone suggested to me getting a good guitar and a distortion pedal to play through my bass amp... If I could do this and it would sound good I would love to get a hellraiser Deluxe...

three questions arise from this, will it sound good on the bass amp? Will it damage the bass amp? and how are the deluxe's compared to the other hellraisers and other guitars in the price range?

Maybe if I sell the gear(i'll make $250-500 depending on how much I sell) I can still get the hellraiser and an amp either new or used? What would be the cost used for a decent amp to play some metalcore and usable at small gigs?

Might as well roll out the "I'm open for any gear suggestions" here and listen to whatever you guys have to say!

Thanks.
good cheap amps worth looking at
are
the peavy vyper series and roland cubes
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
There's no problem playing a guitar through a bass amp, the amp won't get damaged and I heard it sounds kinda good as well.
Playing a bass through a guitar amp is bad.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Do you gig?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Get a good amp first because that's where most your tone comes from.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
i highly recommend you focusing on a new GOOD guitar, like the RG, and after that search for a good distortion or whatever pedal, these two will define your sound (playing heavy stuff). and about your bass amp, think that every amp is just a circuit board with speakers. it doesn't matters the brand or tone, is the power of the speakers ;D , if it sounds loud, it's right
Check this out:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WRXT-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-520326-i1446080.gc

You could play it through the bass amp and spend your last 100 on a decent distortion pedal or sell some of the paintball gear and buy something like this too:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

The 100 you'd have left after buying the guitar plus 250 if you sell some gear gives you 350 to spend on an amp which leaves you lots and lots of options. Peavey Vypyr is a good option in this price range too, I think their 2x12 combo amp is in this range and if it isn't I'm sure the 1x12 is.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Quote by mrnbkn
i highly recommend you focusing on a new GOOD guitar, like the RG, and after that search for a good distortion or whatever pedal, these two will define your sound (playing heavy stuff). and about your bass amp, think that every amp is just a circuit board with speakers. it doesn't matters the brand or tone, is the power of the speakers ;D , if it sounds loud, it's right

Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by mrnbkn

There's just......so much wrong here.......so.....much.....wrong .Thinking every amp is just a circuit board with speakers is borderline retarded behavior,that's all there is to it.Your amp makes up a majority of your tone,followed by your playing skills and style,then your guitar.Invest in a good amp TS,and a decent budget guitar.The B-52 AT series is a good choice for a starter tube amp,as are some blackheart and blackstar models.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

To be honest, I love the sound of a bass amp with a guitar. The cleans are nice as hell and if you've got a nice distortion, you can get some good tones with it. It might be worth considering an EQ down the line too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by AndyR83
Check this out:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WRXT-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-520326-i1446080.gc

You could play it through the bass amp and spend your last 100 on a decent distortion pedal or sell some of the paintball gear and buy something like this too:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

The 100 you'd have left after buying the guitar plus 250 if you sell some gear gives you 350 to spend on an amp which leaves you lots and lots of options. Peavey Vypyr is a good option in this price range too, I think their 2x12 combo amp is in this range and if it isn't I'm sure the 1x12 is.

I'm not really a fan of the body shape of that guitar, and since it's the same price as the hellraiser deluxe I think i'd rather have the EMG's than duncan designed pickups.