I bought an Ibanex RG50DX and i have had it for a week and i have to tune it every 15 minutes during my playing. I don't know why it does this and i wonder if its new strings or what. HELP ME!!! I don't want to know that i just spent all my money on some weird malfunction!
Does it have a floating bridge (Edge III)?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Do you mess around a lot with the trem?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by FLbassplayer21
yes it does i beleive

well theres your problem
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by TrabenBassist22
well theres your problem

Edge III is not the problem, the problem might be that he didn't set it up correctly.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
When you tune it up do you here little popping noises on the nut near the headstock?

My Ibanez's nut needed alittle bit of filing on two strings so that they wouldn't get caught on it and go out of tune. when you bend a string or something it will pull the string through the nut alittle bit and catch an edge and then not go back, so you string will be flat. Then when you go to tune it you'll hear a popping noise, that is you putting enough pressure on the string so that where it's stuck finally gets released.

If you hear those popping noises then that's your problem.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Edge III is not the problem, the problem might be that he didn't set it up correctly.

actually i was trying to say that it was probably set up wrong but now that i read my comment again i realize i should've worded it a little better
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by FLbassplayer21
and no not rele i take off the whammy and don't touch the treb at all

Even so, an incorrectly setup tremolo can cause guitar to go out of tune.

Tremolo has a delicate balance of tension between the Strings and the Springs that hold the tremolo to the body.

When you bend a string, The tremolo raises up a little bit.
Watch the tremolo closely and bend a string, you'll see.
Then when you release the bend, the tremolo may not reset back to the exact same spot.

Other causes for guitar going out of tune

1. The string binding in the nut. Put some vaseline in the slots of the nut.
2. The strings not properly wound in the tuning pegs. Find the sticky post here titled "The ULTIMATE Guitar Setup Q&A thread & how to string a guitar". Read the 2nd post.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241
3. New strings need to be stretched. But you said it's been a couple months, so that is not likely the cause.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 3, 2009,