I have a Kustom Quad 65 DFX. Now, a little bit ago, when I plugged my guitar into it and played, I got a REALLY watery kind of sound. I thought it was the cable, because I've had the exact same problem before - my amp couldn't produce good sound and I thought it was shot, but upon using a different cable the problem was fixed.

Soooo...I got a new cable (Planet Waves) and the problem persisted. Anybody have any idea what's wrong? Will post sound clips later.
"If an injury need to be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
- Niccolo Machiavelli
elaborate on watery?
unless it literally sounds like the sea
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
elaborate on watery?
unless it literally sounds like the sea

Lol.

Um...hmm. SOUND CLIP TIME!

And sorry, watery wasn't the right word. Awful is more like it.
"If an injury need to be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
- Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote by Legion355
Lol.

Um...hmm. SOUND CLIP TIME!

And sorry, watery wasn't the right word. Awful is more like it.

sound clip me
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Uploading to YouTube.
- Niccolo Machiavelli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC0QhTadFW8

Just wait for it to process. In the meantime, listen to metal and check the link every once in a while.

EDIT: It's processed!
- Niccolo Machiavelli
Last edited by Legion355 at Aug 3, 2009,
hmm is the bit at the start whatit usualy sounds like and the weirs bit after that the problem
or is it all wrong ?
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

The weird thing IS the problem.
- Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote by KoenDercksen
sounds like a jack problem... on your guitar.

But when I plug it into my other amp (A Yamaha GA-10) the problem isn't there.

So what must be wrong?
- Niccolo Machiavelli