So at the start of the Winter semester I plan on buying a new electric guitar and amp, and I need some suggestions. I'm not looking to spend more then 300 dollars on the guitar, and 150 on the amp.

I play most alternative rock, reggae, and punk. I've been playing for about four years, but am not terribly experienced in the theory department.

I was just looking for something that has good over all playability, a good sound, and preferably 22-24 frets.

For amps I'm looking for something decent for no more then 150 dollars. Something that has decent distortion, a good clean sound, etc. I don't know the differences between tubes, or any thing else like that has to do with amps.

Help me out?
You could get an Epiphone G400 for $250 - $300. And Peavey Vypyrs are supposed to be good amps... Or you could get a Fender amp and a Distortion pedal? Or Maybe an Epiphone Valve Jr.? It's hard to find a good amp in that price range...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Well, I forgot to mention what I had already been looking at.

I was thinking about purchasing the Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and a Roland Cube 15x. Any one have experience with these?
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Well, I forgot to mention what I had already been looking at.

I was thinking about purchasing the Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and a Roland Cube 15x. Any one have experience with these?

aye, the cube is a great amp
I think the Studio Deluxe is a better guitar and it comes with a hardshell case

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=581254
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
the epis and mim fenders are good deal, i still play my mim tele occasionally too. for that price range, i like the ibanez rg series and the schecter diamond series, also LTD's can come with emg or duncan designed pups. the ibanez, LTD's, and schecters will more likely come with harder rocking humbucker pups, while the fenders will come with singles coils and the epi's come with some kinda humbucker that sounds more buttery. take your pick, they are all pretty good for the money
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
the epis and mim fenders are good deal, i still play my mim tele occasionally too. for that price range, i like the ibanez rg series and the schecter diamond series, also LTD's can come with emg or duncan designed pups. the ibanez, LTD's, and schecters will more likely come with harder rocking humbucker pups, while the fenders will come with singles coils and the epi's come with some kinda humbucker that sounds more buttery. take your pick, they are all pretty good for the money

The combination of your advice and you sig scares me

With that being said, thanks to every who made some suggestions to me. I've looked at everything you guys told me about, and upon a little more research I think I know what I'm going to get when the time comes.

Thanks again
Quote by Daffodil Lament
The combination of your advice and you sig scares me

With that being said, thanks to every who made some suggestions to me. I've looked at everything you guys told me about, and upon a little more research I think I know what I'm going to get when the time comes.

Thanks again

i love conflicting emotions. but ghold125 brought up agiles, i completely forgot about those, it is very shocking how good the construction on them is. i would definitely buy an agile over an epiphone les paul.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae