The drummer in my band just sold his guitar to pay for other drum equipment, and he still wants to have an acoustic of something so he can help with writing. His budget is about $200. He doesn't have an preferences towards woods, but he wants a decent acoustic. Your thoughts on this?

Cheers
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
I played an Ibanez acoustic electric. It was $600 (but a few years old, and the model is discontinued) with a built in tuner.

Looked on musician's friend and they have similar things... the Ibanez AEL20E with on-board tuner. It looks absolutely beautiful all the colors available, even the red! And I HATE the color red.

It's $350, but you have to keep in mind, it has a tuner on it. GOOD tuners cost around $50. It's a darn good guitar and you should tell your drummer to save up $150 more. It'll be worth it... Plus he can plug it in to an amp.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEL20E-AcousticElectric-Guitar-with-Onboard-Tuner?sku=519998
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Aug 3, 2009,
you'll probably get more help in the acoustic guitar forum.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
you do realize this is the ELECTRIC guitar forum?

fail

no im just jokin i dont know anything about acoustics, sorry.
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
I'm usually not the biggest Epiphone supporter, but their Hummingbird acoustic is AMAZING. They're $400 new which is relatively cheap, but it feels SOOO much nicer. I also have a used one for sale that I'd be willing to sell for $200+shipping.

I know that's a cheap plug, but it really is a good deal for your friend.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!