Hi Guys,
I hope I have this in the right forum, don't shoot me if I don't.

I have just bought a Peavey 6505 head and I am blown away by it. I'm running a pedal board with a few pedals on it.

The problem is:
I have a tube screamer in my rig (it's in the line between the guitar and the amp, not in the effects loop). Inside my pedal board I have a DC brick to supply my pedals with power, I can't be doing with having to buy endless amounts of 9V batteries. However, when I wack the amp up to say 6 (which is VERY loud on a Peavey 6505!!) at say gig volume, I get horrendous feedback from the amp, this is when my guitar volume pot is turn down! I.E. guitar is muted!

However, if I run the tube screamer from a 9V battery, I don't get this problem at all! What is all this about? Hopefully someone can shed light on the situation. Should I inviest in a new DC brick? I've had it about 3 or 4 years (the DC Brick) and its been gigged lots, but still seems to be working fine, just as the day I got it.

Anybody got any ideas :-S

Thanks in advance for reading guys.
Pete
Last edited by pete.robinson88 at Aug 3, 2009,
Hi jaybals.
I thought that, so I moved my pedalboard away from the amp, no difference. My amp is probably a yard away from the nearest plug socket but so was my last amp (ashdown fallen angel and 2 marshall cabs) and I never had that issue.
Ibanez PGM 301
Peavey 6505
Marshall 4x12, vintage 30's
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss GE7
Boss Tuner
Boss DD3
Marshall Supervibe
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
AKG Wireless
haha I think I have it sussed. I'm 95% sure it's earth hum from the ring main in my house. I'll get a earth hum filter from Maplins and see if that cures it.
Ibanez PGM 301
Peavey 6505
Marshall 4x12, vintage 30's
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss GE7
Boss Tuner
Boss DD3
Marshall Supervibe
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
AKG Wireless
A noise gate may help as well.
Gear: