Hm. So, whenever I'm playing it' really is playing some radio station, the louder I turn the amp the louder the radio is. But strangely though, if I turn down on my guitar I get that staticy noise that you have when you're searching for a station.
What the hells going on people ;_;
Y hallo thar.
Gear: Bogner XTC Classic, Suhr Carve Top, Gibson Santa Fe LP, a few nice pedals. All good fun =3
It does that to me sometimes when I turn on my wah
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
It's normal, it's just your guitar pickups that are picking up radio signal, the only to get rid of it would be a noise gate
sounds to me your guitar is to blame, its picking up radio signals O.o do you live near a station?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Hmm, to the best of my knowledge I don't. Er, if it helps at all it's the EMG SA strat set thats in.
Also just noticed that it makes a strange click everynow and then...
Y hallo thar.
Gear: Bogner XTC Classic, Suhr Carve Top, Gibson Santa Fe LP, a few nice pedals. All good fun =3
that happens when you have improperly shielded equipment, most often it the guitar
bad guitar shielding mixed with the right signal frequency going through your cables and pedals turns your rig into a giant radio

edit: it's also common to get the same effect when you unplug your guitar and touch the end of the cable
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 3, 2009,
Me and my friend who lives near by have the same problem. I started noticing it when I'd set my amp to a really scooped sound. That's also how he sets his and he's the only other person I know of that has that problem in my town. Maybe it's something to do with the amp settings interacting with the cable/guitar? I know mine does it if you even just touch the cable to a piece of metal (I've touched it to the bridge, input jack, tuners, strings, just about everything on the guitar). For some reason, my new Randall's don't do it, but my Raven combo does. I'm just glad my new amps don't do it, it was the spanish channel that plays all the traditional mariachi music. That stuff is so annoying! If I had to listen to that through my halfstack, I'd be mad.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Randall Century 170 Cab/Head