I am about to buy a nice combo amp. I have about 950 dollars to spend. I want to get a combo amp that is pretty versatile, good clean channel, play anything from classic rock to heavy metal.
Any suggestions?
Get yourself a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a good distortion pedal, And you're good to go.
I don't know anything about what makes a "Good" distortion pedal, I'm not a metalhead..

But the hot rod will run you probably 700, I'm sure you can get a very good distortion pedal for the remainder.

The Hot Rod takes pedals VERY well, and will sound GREAT...no....HEAVENLY!!!

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 3, 2009,
Used Twin Reverb. That'll take you anywhere and cover the styles with a little help from a pedal or two.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i use a lot of music man stuff i got off ebay, they go for around 500 usd and they are loud. are they good? i think they're very good, i have 3 of them. won't do much distortion though, i did use a samsamp GT-2 for heavier sounds.

these music man amps are much louder than a hot rod deluxe, and it costs quite less. music man was started with leo fender as well. the amps are hybrids though and are not completely tube, you probably won't be able to tell though, i can't.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
these music man amps are much louder than a hot rod deluxe, and it costs quite less. music man was started with leo fender as well. the amps are hybrids though and are not completely tube, you probably won't be able to tell though, i can't.

Louder DOES NOT MEAN Better...

And if you need louder than a Hot Rod Deluxe....holy cow.
That must mean you're playing Stadiums, and you should already have a Marshal Stack or something...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by jonmo1
Louder DOES NOT MEAN Better...

And if you need louder than a Hot Rod Deluxe....holy cow.
That must mean you're playing Stadiums, and you should already have a Marshal Stack or something...

i'll learn louder doesn't mean better one day...

no really, if you would have taken the time to check my equipment, YOU would know better. i have options on my amps from 5 watt to 150, cuz i know there is different tools for different jobs. and my music man would bury a hot rod deluxe reissue, and i am talking about 100% tone. chill dude, i was just saying that they are louder, if you want them to be. i play mine on the half power setting.

stadiums... your really undermine your own credibility by picking such a small thing to nit pick about.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae