I currently have an Ibanez GRX20 and I now want to change the magnets on it (aka pickups)

I am thinking of EMG, but I want other opinions. It is a great guitar like it is now, but I want a bit more UMPF to the sound. Its a bit weak.
I use a fender amp, with an MT2 distortion pedal. I usually play heavy metal, but I occasionally do some clean work and hard rock.

Bands that I play- Iron Maiden, Trivium, Shadows Fall, etc.
I wouldn't bother, just save that money. But if you want a new pup, do you want it for the neck or bridge?
Quote by Superperfex
I use a fender amp, with an MT2 distortion pedal. I usually play heavy metal, but I occasionally do some clean work and hard rock.

Bands that I play- Iron Maiden, Trivium, Shadows Fall, etc.

im guessing as you didnt specify, its a fender frontman amp.
new pickups will not see a major improvement in tone through a low end practice amp and distortion pedal.
if your looking to improve your tone start with your amp.
I don't know man. The pick ups that are on it are now rusted and they won't clean. I just want new pickups.

I guess if I had to just pick one, I'd pick the bridge pickup. I'm always the rhythm guitarist in my bands.
Give me advice guys. I'm not the smartest when it comes to guitar tech. I just know music and how to play guitar.
Quote by Superperfex
I don't know man. The pick ups that are on it are now rusted and they won't clean. I just want new pickups.

I guess if I had to just pick one, I'd pick the bridge pickup. I'm always the rhythm guitarist in my bands.

... so its not the tone, its the asthetics?
It's both. They are ****ty right now and I need to change them. And I just want to know what would be good for an Ibanez Gio series.

I'm looking for a good metal tone. I should have specified that I don't always use my distortion pedal. I was just listing my set up. I also have other pedals, but that is the main one i use.
magnets and pickups are not the same thing.
I assure you that if you're using an MT2 and Frontman, new pickups will not make your sound better, it's still going to sound like crap.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by al112987
new pickups will not make your sound better, it's still going to sound like crap.
+1 you need a different amp

peavey bandits are cheap, not bad, and take pedals well
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
=/

I am asking for suggestions for new pickups. (The rectanglular thigns with 6 magnets on them)

I am pretty sure thay are the same thing.
BUMPED because i need more suggestions.

I just need opinions now whether or not the GRX20 is fit to be modded or if I should forget it.