Hello all,

I'll be plain and simple, right now im building a Strat that has a PRS private tock kind of feel and I need suggestions. Right now though I need a neck. The thing I need though, I was hoping for a high quality flame maple neck. What I really wanted to know however, is if anyone has dealt with Musikraft guitar necks?

I was looking at them because they're flame maple looked rather nice. But I've never used Musikraft, im not sure if what they'll give me is as good as the picture. I've considered Warmoth, and have actually used them to get a rather nice guitar body for this build. Right now however they said they don't have any high grade flame maple is stock that and, sometimes I think they can overprice their wood compared to their competitors.

So all in all I was wondering which to buy from? Or does anyone know where I can find nice high grade Flame maple neck? Any advice is appreciated : )
I got a pretty nice birdseye neck from Musikraft before. The fretwork was nothing to write home about, but it wasn't bad.

It was for a San Dimas Charvel clone that has since been disassembled.
Quote by Metalhead_28
I got a pretty nice birdseye neck from Musikraft before. The fretwork was nothing to write home about, but it wasn't bad.

It was for a San Dimas Charvel clone that has since been disassembled.

Same here.

Birdseye from Musikraft, now on a strat.

High quality, above average fret dress, nut needed a re-cut.
I got a neck from Musikraft. Is really awesome. Hang on a min and I'll find my post about it.
Its part of a finished guitar now and is really superb. It's not flame maple, but it'll give you an idication of overall quality. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another, if I didn't want to build one.

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950183
Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 3, 2009,
i can vouch for warmoth. their necks are amazing.
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
Aye, well thank you all! I really appreciate the help. : )

Oh and by the way that guitar looks superb!