alright guys. i am the owner of a 1996 Fender P-Bass. and i've noticed because of my playing and the sweat and all that nasty stuff, my basses neck is pretty slow. and i was wondering if you guys know any quick fixes. Is there any household cleaning products that would work? Do i have to go out and buy some special cleaning solution or something?

Please and Thanks in advance
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
you can get a fretboard conditioner or something at your local guitar store. I'm not sure about household items but i'd probably google something.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
yeah use mineral oil. or you can go get something it costs bout 5 dollars here in america its called fast fret. you can get it at almost any guitar store. itll clean the frets and youll be back to playing faster in no time.
Quote by lethalspartan
yeah use mineral oil. or you can go get something it costs bout 5 dollars here in america its called fast fret. you can get it at almost any guitar store. itll clean the frets and youll be back to playing faster in no time.

It is available in the UK. In Europe too i think.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by lethalspartan
yeah use mineral oil. or you can go get something it costs bout 5 dollars here in america its called fast fret.

this^
Fast Fret spray. $6.00(us) at Guitar Center or any music store. i keep a can in my case. there is also Fret-EZ that uses mineral oil in a saturated swab to wipe down your neck and strings, it works very good too.
Quote by Spaz91
Unless you're getting a new bass in the near future I strongly suggest getting a nice thin jazz neck. I haven't played a faster neck.

Because the standard Fender Jazz Bass neck is an every day house hold item XD just kidding man. lol

is it laquered? I just my neck down (the back of course) but I'd say fret cleaner or neck condition stuff on the front side Not sure about every day chemicals
Try adding more delay.
Stop grabbing the bass neck so hard/at all?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
depending what you mean, you could use some very very find grade wire wool to take the back of the neck down to a satin finish so it's not as sticky.
Quote by thefitz
Stop grabbing the bass neck so hard/at all?

+thefitz
this really is the best answer. better technique would indeed solve this issue.
like i say, i keep a can in my case.