Page 1 of 3
And I don't mean a Bogner Ecstasy!

Here is the story, of not quite the most epic, but definitely the craziest NAD on UG. I was contacted by a guy through Gumtree (UK version of Craigslist) as I had my LTD Hybrid 300 up for sale or trade on the site. He offered to swap for his amp, which was a RAT Tube 10, which are made by Rat Valve amps over here. As well as this, he threw in a Marshall Guv'nor 2, and a Marshall Reflector pedal (better than expected but I will flip them!), which sweetened the deal, even more so in my favour as my guitar was £200 second hand, and his amp (which is no longer made by RAT) was £400 brand new.

The amp is great, it's basically a modded Fender Pro Junior. Here are the main features.

Lovely Tweed covering and Oxblood grillcloth.
15w all valve.
10" Celestion G10.
3 Band EQ.
Power Scaling ( a la Egnater Rebel 20).
Pentode/Triode switch (15-5.8w).
Boost Switch.
NFB - Negative Feedback on/off selector.
Headphone jack.
4 and 8 ohm speaker out.

I remember when I picked the amp up, this little case was rattling about in the back. Originally, I thought it was a box of spare screws or a fuse or something, and I forgot all about it on Friday when I picked up the amp. As I was dusting the amp off today for my NAD pics, I spotted it and was surprised just a little when I opened it up. I sent the guy a text but he hasn't got back to me. He should though, because if that had been anyone else who took the amp off him, or my little brothers had found it when using the amp, he would be in a world of sh*t. I'm just going to get rid of it though.

NAD - Serious Business!!!

tl;dr - DRUGS IN MY FUCKING AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!11!!!

:

For those of you who missed the pictures, it's not hard to imagine what 3 pills and some brown powder looks like.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Aug 4, 2009,
classy

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

once again, classy

edit: now that i realize your not just some tool trying to show off he does drugs thats hilarious

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Last edited by timzee117 at Aug 3, 2009,
if you ever wanna get rid of that amp for free, PM me. I would be quite honored to take it off your hands.

I actually didn't noticed the narcotics on your amplifier, maybe the guy had a drug profile going on so he needed to get rid of his stash so he stashed it in your amp. Very crazy, don't get caught for holding.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Last edited by The_lizard_king at Aug 3, 2009,
Dude, get out of your house, the police are gonna be there in like ten minutes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I dont get it..?
EDIT - Oh, you posted before I did. I get it, run, the partyvan is en route.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Last edited by w0lf19 at Aug 3, 2009,
So, how did that come about?

EDIT: Nvm
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Last edited by classicrocker01 at Aug 3, 2009,
How much you want for that E?
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by classicrocker01
So, how did that come about?

He must have stashed them in there at a party or something. He hasn't phoned back yet to explain!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Ecstasy and Heroine... HAHAHA
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Turn him into the cops, maybe you can get your money back on the amp somehow.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'm a bit taken aback by it all because I'm up in court on Friday for a Cocaine charge (nothing to be proud of) and this is the last thing I need.
so can you take closer pics of the pills just tfor kicks?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by GNiCk89
How much you want for that E?

i was kind of thinking something similar

but very nice amp though!
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Honestly you could sell those Supermans for like $15-$20 easy, it's good shit. Although it'd be more fun to keep it...

Fuck that Heroin though. Sell that shit for like $30.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by timzee117
so can you take closer pics of the pills just tfor kicks?

3.5 megapixel camera says no!

Eh, I'm not selling this stuff, any other day I would maybe keep the pills, but I don't need the bad karma right now because of court this Friday. That Smack is going straight down the toilet though, unless the guy wants to give my guitar back in exchange for his freedom!

EDIT: Can you imagine what Pete Doherty would do if Clips NAO! was asked of him...
Last edited by greggybhoy at Aug 3, 2009,
Here's a family pic for that NAD thread that's being compiled. This is hopefully better quality and drug free...

Quote by greggybhoy
3.5 megapixel camera says no!

Eh, I'm not selling this stuff, any other day I would maybe keep the pills, but I don't need the bad karma right now because of court this Friday. That Smack is going straight down the toilet though, unless the guy wants to give my guitar back in exchange for his freedom!

EDIT: Can you imagine what Pete Doherty would do if Clips NAO! was asked of him...

Just flush it all, you don't want anything to do with that ****. Sheesh, you'd think a heroin user would be better at keeping track of that stuff, as addictive as it is...

Edit: Also, if I were more aloof, this could have happened when I was in high school, but certainly not with those choices.

Double Edit: Don't try to blackmail him if you were serious, it will be his word against yours, and with a prior charge, I wouldn't risk it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Aug 3, 2009,
Well nice new amp day minus the drugs.

Ahhh I remember the good 'ol ecstasy days .... fun times and grinded down teeth..

That heron is a no no .. just flush it ... prolly same with the ecstasy..

And hopefully it wasn't in his ass at one time and he never changed the baggie....that would suck

But HNAD
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Unless the guy he got it from had prior charges too.

Doesn't matter, when you have previous drug charges on your record, you shouldn't call the cops and tell them you are in possession of narcotics, regardless of what story you have to explain. If for no other reason, not all cops are honest. I just wouldn't even risk it, that **** would already be in the toilet if it were me.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
you can play heroin hero on that amp now
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Nice amp man, but definitely flush that ****, you don't want to ruin your NAD with a whole new drug mishap. HNAD though, tweed always tickles my fancy.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Que significa NAD?
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
haha, that's whacked. Don't call the cops, even if they don't mess with you over it, they are going to want to get a hold of the guy that sold you the amp. You don't want to get involved with some drughead trying to blackmail him, just get rid of it and enjoy your new amp. HNAD!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
WTF!

posting pics of drugs on teh interwebz?!?!?!
cops are gonna find you!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The guy is a proect manager for Siemens, he was hardly your classic junkie, and I would know living in the East End of Glasgow. Nah, I wouldn't Blackmail him, and I'm no grass, so it's getting flushed. It doesn't help that my landlord is a Sergeant in Strathclyde's finest either. This flat is like a f*cking bad omen to me!

EDIT: Not to mention, there wasn't a power cable with the amp!

Seriously though, the amp is good. It's definitely in need of a re-tube, although it still sounds sexy with some well worn JJ tubes. It has a gain and volume as well as the power scale, so you can mix the pre and power amp distortion to great effect when using the power scale.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by greggybhoy
I'm a bit taken aback by it all because I'm up in court on Friday for a Cocaine charge (nothing to be proud of) and this is the last thing I need.

and posting extra evidence to indict you on the internet was the best course of action you thought of?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
and posting extra evidence to indict you on the internet was the best course of action you thought of?

It's not mine! (Like that works!)

I did it for teh lulz.

Would that hold up?
i guess it depends on how au fait the judge is with internet memes. EDIT: seriously, though, knowing the retarded laws in this country i'd be very careful. not wanting to sound like a daily mail reader, but "it accidentally came with an amp i bought" is likely to be less useful as an excuse and will probably buy you more jail time than "i'm a dealer and was going to sell it on to schoolkids".

Obviously that's an exaggeration, but you know what i mean.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i guess it depends on how au fait the judge is with internet memes.

Judge Longcat presiding. Advice Dog as my brief.

It's been flushed now anyway. It was definitely Heroin, it had that characteristic vinegar smell. Don't worry though, just like Bill Clinton, I didn't inhale. F*ck that!

Anyways, on to the amp. I had a Fender Pro Junior once, and it had serious tube rattling issues at high volume. Given that my amp is essentially a modded Pro Junior, it does suffer from the same issues, but from what I can see, the wire surrounding the preamp tubes is a little bent, and this may be what's causing the rattle at high volumes. Is this then an easily rectifiable problem?

i'm not sure about the rattle, to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 3