I've been playing guitar for a while but i'm not that good yet. i like to play punk and metal. anyone got any song suggestions?
i suggest before i forget its really easy
or perhaps iron man the solo isnt too brutal
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys/I Love Boys Hardcore
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Suffocation - Infecting The Crypts
Slayer - Postmortem
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I say listen to more music than metal and punk, then just learn songs you like that sound doable.
Quote by darkcheef
I say listen to more music than metal and punk, then just learn songs you like that sound doable.

He said he likes to play punk and metal, not that that's all he likes to listen to.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
A nice fairly easy song I learned a couple weeks back was I Could Careless by Devildriver. it contains basically 3 main parts, verse, bridge, and im not sure what to call the main little "Harmony riff". Trust me it's really easy. Another one by them is Clouds over California. The solo might be a bit though do to it's Alt. picking but meh it's worth it.

And another super easy one is Pursuit of Vikings by Amon Amarth. First actual song I learned. Basically anything by Amon Amarth is worth checking out.

Dying In Your Arms - Trivium ( pretty easy, not sure if you classify the song "metal/punk" )

Die mf Die - Dope ( really,really easy )

i know more jsut can't think of em all right now anyways good luck
Avenged Sevenfold- Chapter Four and Unholy Confessions arent too difficult.

Lamb of God- Omerta

Try listening to a handful of bands that you like, taking some of the techniques that they use, and writing your own stuff. That is usually more exciting when you can jam something that you make.
oh something else you might like is the 'Americana' album by The Offspring. nothing too hard and the song Feelings has a fun palm muting riff for the verse.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab