So, I learn chords all the time. I found this site: http://www.guitarchords247.com/roots/a.html It says it has every chord for every root note. However on this one specifically it has some that I know are wrong. It calls a chord an A5 when you are playing a F5 and has some that have A/? and the bass note is not ?. Like one is a A/D when the bass note is an A. Should I be trusting this site with the rest of their chords? Is there a better one?
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
i dont know man. If that chord is wrong then there may be a lot of other too. http://www.gootar.com/folder/guitar.html check this website out.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Or you could ditch the sites all together and learn how to construct chord voicings yourself.
Why are you looking up chords? I'm pretty sure i've seen you post threads asking about neopolitan chords and other complicated matters. Why are you doing this if you can't construct your own chords?
i know how to do that. i'm basically trying to get different types of chords. i know plenty of theory so i can spell major, minor, augmented, diminished, N6, Gr6, It6, Fr6, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th chords (maybe more). i'm looking for others like i saw a maj7b5 on a site, etc. i can figure out how to spell a chord most likley but i might not necessarily think of a certain type. so i don't need a chord site necessarily but if someone knew a site where they list a bunch of different types of chords that would be great.

i guess you could say i'm looking for "wierd" chords.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
Last edited by metalzeppelin at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by metalzeppelin
i know how to do that. i'm basically trying to get different types of chords. i know plenty of theory so i can spell major, minor, augmented, diminished, N6, Gr6, It6, Fr6, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th chords (maybe more). i'm looking for others like i saw a maj7b5 on a site, etc. i can figure out how to spell a chord most likley but i might not necessarily think of a certain type. so i don't need a chord site necessarily but if someone knew a site where they list a bunch of different types of chords that would be great.

i guess you could say i'm looking for "wierd" chords.

a Maj7b5 is simply a major 7th chord with a diminished fifth.

It seems like you need to re look over chord construction because if you know how to do it you can make any chord you like.

Also i should point out it's all very well knowing all these complicated chords but do you know when to use them? Can you give me an example where a N6 chord might be used?
Knowing a lot of "weird" chords is going to make your compositions any better, if that's why you're asking. Do something original with what you've got before you move on to more complicated matters.