Just searching through craigslist and found this VOX AD50VT and just wondering if it's worth looking into since I am looking to replace my crap Marshall MG30. Is it good for playing metal and hard rock? Did some searching but didn't find anything on it. Any help would be appreciated
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
From what I've heard that is right down that amp's alley. I've played a VT30 a fair amount and it does the old school rock tones incredibly well, and as the AD series is supposed to be similar aside from that it is more toward the styles you described I can only assume that it does a great job as well. In the VT the single preamp tube did a great job warming up the sound while the digital power amp section kept the versatility you'd be looking for in any standard digital amp. All of the reviews seem to be positive (although there was someone on here who told me he heard bad reviews of the AD's below 50 watt, which isn't a problem since the one you're looking at is a 50) so I would definitely consider that one. That said going to a store and trying what out before you buy is always a good idea.
Its a pretty good amp if your strapped for cash but it really shines for low to medium gain stuff. Its not really a metal amp.

But I can say that, metal or not, it WILL sound better then your MG.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
But I can say that, metal or not, it WILL sound better then your MG.

what doesn't sound better than a MG? I wish I knew of this site when I started playing and bought this amp
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings