I've had an Epiphone SG for about 2 1/2 years, I have grown out of it, and want a new bass. I was so allured to the Thunderbird bass, that I bought one. Big mistake, extremely ****ty craftsmanship, the bass didn't play right at all. I want to get something that won't be a problem for me. A bass that's reliable, good sounding/ looking, and has a decent name to back it up. I would like easy access to the upper frets and a decent tone for rock.

P.S. Keep in mind that I've tried fenders, and I don't like them anywhere near enough to buy one.

Bombard me with ideas, for my sake.
G&L, Lseries
Ibanez SR.
Ibanez ATK
Ibanez BTB
Warwick Corvette
Schecter Stiletto
Spector

what price range?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
G&L, Lseries
Ibanez SR.
Ibanez ATK
Ibanez BTB
Warwick Corvette
Schecter Stiletto
Spector

what price range?

this
Well it would be nice if it could be around 300. But it really just has to be less than about 800.
I recently found and really dug the LTD B-410's which are just the b-400's with a spalted maple top and they play really well ... probably have to say that EMGs dont have as wide a tonal possibility like the ibanez bartolinis do but its still a great line of basses.

The legend classic spector basses should fit in your range ... just to narrow down the humanity's response.

But basically go to a shop and try and find what the humanity said, your bound to like one of em eh? I hope they stock most of these ... i never get a chance at Schecter.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by the humanity
G&L, Lseries
Ibanez SR.
Ibanez ATK
Ibanez BTB

Warwick Corvette
Schecter Stiletto
Spector

what price range?

What are the tonal differences between these?
Quote by Halakar
What are the tonal differences between these?

The ATK is the most different with a 3 coil pickup and sounds not dissimilar to a stingray.

Thw sr has the most rounded tone of the 3, I'd say mine can do almost everything (but not neccesarily sound like everything if you get my meaning).

My BTB is a little brighter with more sustain than my sr but I find it lacks a mellow, jazzy sort of sound
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 4, 2009,
the schecter stiletto custom 5 feels right to me, ive tried fender jazz and precisions and I wasnt a big fan of them even though i couldnt afford em anyway haha
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
I recommend the Spector Legend but also suggest that you try out some MIM Fenders, low-end Warwicks or look to the second-hand market.
signature
rondo music has insane basses, but I have to say that my Ibanez ATK is the best bass i've played for under 1000 dollars. Also, for more information on bass in general, try Talkbass.com. they have tons of information and friendly users and administrators.
Last edited by NoahKnapp at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by NoahKnapp
rondo music has insane basses, but I have to say that my Ibanez ATK is the best bass i've played for under 1000 dollars. Also, for more information on bass in general, try Talkbass.com. they have tons of information and friendly users and administrators.

traitor
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think