Yeah, the tone's kinda weird, especially the solo with the wah, but the playing is fine.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Well done, I'm sure that you can get a better tone and a better vibrato in some month's keep rocking mate!

Edit: Ahh also don't try to "force" the vibrato, it has to come naturally, I just played years and years until i got the one i have now, I know it may sound cliche, but you have to feel your guitar...

Ok, time to change strings and record Shine on You Crazy Diamond!
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Last edited by tiky at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by tiky
Well done, I'm sure that you can get a better tone and a better vibrato in some month's keep rocking mate!

Edit: Ahh also don't try to "force" the vibrato, it has to come naturally, I just played years and years until i got the one i have now, I know it may sound cliche, but you have to feel your guitar...

Ok, time to change strings and record Shine on You Crazy Diamond!

thanks!

Do you mean just vibrato or bend vibrato? really need some tips for doing great bend vibratos, its quite hard i think!
All technical aspects were great (except a sliiiight bit of rushing towards the end)
But as some others mentioned you need to work on that vibrato a bit
The thing is, that is a veeery hard thing to teach you just gotta do it over and over till you feel it

But all that is just nit-picking, great job!
Great job I didnt mind the tone I thought it was pretty good. IF you wanna look at mine I have a cover of this song in my profile. Thanks
I think part of the reason the tone is weird sounding is you're layering your two tracks (which at points are doing the same rhythm) on top of each other, it gets mushy when it's all put together like that. And because of youtube it gets compressed and it doesn't help that it is mono. Pan the rhythm right and the lead left.

Everyone has already mentioned the vibrato already. Your playing is technically very good, the biggest problems are with the quality of the recording. Nice job.

c4c https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179315
Last edited by Jimmy94 at Aug 10, 2009,
The actual playing was exellent and I rather liked your rhythm tone, but the solo tone is a little strange. If you tweaked that it would be nearly perfect.

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21152702#post21152702
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
That's pretty cool. I liked the guitar effects and the way the video was made with the split screen. Check out my slither cover. It's just the solo, but I didn't use a backtrack. It's on my profile under mp3s. please comment.