I recently bought my first electric guitar, a used 2004 MIM Fender Strat. I play mostly alternative and classic rock. My guitar works well for the most part for these genres, especially if I use a distortion pedal (I have a Digitech RP-50, it came with the guitar). I think I want to upgrade the bridge pickup to some kind of humbucker. Would it be better to get a sort of "stacked" humbucker (Seymour Duncan has some) that I could just switch out with the single-coil that's in there right now, or get a normal humbucker and a new pickguard, and do whatever else would need to be done? What are some good pickup brands? How much would it cost (estimated)? I don't really think I'd be able to switch it out myself, as I'm not very good with electronics, and I'm pretty clumsy, so please include the price of having a shop do it, as well.
Thanks!
Fender Frontman 15G, just a practice amp for now. Of course, my parents are pretty strict so I'm not allowed to turn it up past 2 when they're home, or else they say it's too loud...
Instead of replacing pickups and what not it's way better tonally to change your amp considering it's a large portion of your tone.
Save up for a super champ XD.It's an absolutely brilliant little amp for classic rock tones in practice/small jam settings and will improve your sound a lot.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I actually like the Frontman 15g. It has a nice clean tone and with a good OD pedal it sounds beast. Although a tube/hybrid amp would be better. I would suggest just saving money for now.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.