what's the cheapest way to get an all black finish on a neck-thru guitar? I've heard that a polyurethane finish is cheapest. is it? tone affected by the finish doesnt matter because i play heavily distorted metal. I'm not building the guitar yet so i don't need an answer right away.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Black Spray paint. its the cheapest
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
black spray paint and spraycan clearcoat laquer.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
will spraypaint look decent though?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
yep, it looks really good if done right. krylon or duplicolor brand works well for guitars. check out the ultimate refinishing thread if you dont believe me
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
the lyrics to paint it black would be 100% relevant to this thread
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
Cheapest: Spaypaint, but it won't look very pro.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by skwelcher
will spraypaint look decent though?

if you know what you are doing, yes. it will. now if you have no idea howto spraypaint then no, it wont.
Throw it around in wet mud. That'll should get it 'around' black, but not quite there. Still, wouldn't be too bad considering the financials of doing so.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.