I love those, really awesome guitars. I highly recommend them, especially if you can score one for super cheap on the 'bay. My buddy got one for like $275 I think, in perfect condition with a gig bag. No Bigsby, though. You have to get the Bigsby.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I love those, really awesome guitars. I highly recommend them, especially if you can score one for super cheap on the 'bay. My buddy got one for like $275 I think, in perfect condition with a gig bag. No Bigsby, though. You have to get the Bigsby.

yeah they look awesome. i really want one. definitely with the bigsby. i think i might be able to get one for like $600 which is well inside my price range for a guitar. how bout the sound? will it give me a good rock tone? kinda like angus young
its probably not as good as the duo jet rite? what r the differences between those? besides the fact that the duo jet is $2000 more expensive
the duo jet does have a few more knobs that the elctromatic pro jet does. what r each of the knobs? (volume, tone?)
If I had the cash and need for another guitar I'd have one already. What do you play, and what's your amp?

As for the differences between it and the Duo Jet, one's made in Korea and the other in the US, one has a nitrocellulose finish and the other polyurethane, one has some very nice Rickenbacker-esque mini humbucker-sized single-coils and the other mini humbuckers, and a couple other things.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
If I had the cash and need for another guitar I'd have one already. What do you play, and what's your amp?

As for the differences between it and the Duo Jet, one's made in Korea and the other in the US, one has a nitrocellulose finish and the other polyurethane, one has some very nice Rickenbacker-esque mini humbucker-sized single-coils and the other mini humbuckers, and a couple other things.

i have a fender strat right now. peavey classic 30 amp. which one of the guitars has which of the things u listed? which one is made where?
Quote by necrosis1193

Wrong and wrong. The Pro Jet is Korean. Duo Jets are made in Japan. The Pro Jet has some sweet mini humbuckers, while the Duo Jet has either Filtertrons or Dynasonic single coils. The wiring and switches and whatnot on the Duo Jet are also better quality than on the Pro Jet. That part of the equation means nothing to me. I have a Pro Jet and love it. I can get the perfect early Beatles tone out of it, along with a dead on AC/DC tone. Pro Jets fly under most peoples radar as one of the best guitar values for the money IMO.
Quote by steve108819
The Pro Jet is Korean. Duo Jets are made in Japan.

My mistake, though except for China vs. everywhere else, I don't find production location changes much, so I can't ba arsed to remember details like that, and as both jackson and Fender's higher-end are made in the US, I assumed Gretsch were too.

The Pro Jet has some sweet mini humbuckers, while the Duo Jet has either Filtertrons or Dynasonic single coils.

The latter, which've always reminded me of Rickenbacker's pickups for some reason.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Gretsch Custom Shop is still made in the US, but all that I can think of right now are relic'd models, hardly worth the extra expense to me. Pro line Gretsches have been made in Japan for a number of years now. Their quality is phenomenal. The Korean electromatics are also of very high quality, especially for the money. I almost feel like I'm giving away a secret by even talking about them, that's how good they are.
Quote by steve108819
Wrong and wrong. The Pro Jet is Korean. Duo Jets are made in Japan. The Pro Jet has some sweet mini humbuckers, while the Duo Jet has either Filtertrons or Dynasonic single coils. The wiring and switches and whatnot on the Duo Jet are also better quality than on the Pro Jet. That part of the equation means nothing to me. I have a Pro Jet and love it. I can get the perfect early Beatles tone out of it, along with a dead on AC/DC tone. Pro Jets fly under most peoples radar as one of the best guitar values for the money IMO.

what do u mean by dead AC/DC tone? Could i still get it to sound like angus? Maybe jimmy page at least?
Dead on= spot on. By that he means it nails it.

Well that Gretsch is good, but you'll sound more like Malcolm than Angus. It will have less gain and not be as fat, but instead more woody.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Dead on= spot on. By that he means it nails it.

Well that Gretsch is good, but you'll sound more like Malcolm than Angus. It will have less gain and not be as fat, but instead more woody.

True, Malcolm used a SilverJet (early days projet) if I remember right.

I love the thing to death, but do not have the money to own one. Just everything about it tends to be great.
Malcolms main guitar for the entire career of AC/DC is a '63 Jet Firebird. It came from the factory red, but was stripped to bare wood I think before Malcolm got it. I've never seen a pic of this guitar in anything but natural finish. It can obviously do a nice crunch. A Pro Jet can replicate it exactly. It can also twang like pure rockabilly. In fact my Pro Jet got me into playing rockabilly, which is something I never had an interest in before. They really are versatile guitars.
awesome . yeah, im not to worried about sounding exactly like angus. if i can get a malcolm tone thatd be great. and yeah he does use the gretsch 63 firebird. thats what got me into looking at a gretsch for my next guitar. any suggestions on where to get one? what place could give me that best price? guitar center? oh yeah, would it go good with a peavey classic 30 amp?
For best price I don't know. I'd check craigslist, eBay, musiciansfriend, guitar center etc. I would also call Joel at Shanghai Music 1-866-517-6863 to see if he has any in stock. He usually has good prices.
I prefer the single cut on that one.

It would be a GREAT match with a Classic 30 I must say!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
does the gretsch electromatic solid body pro jet even come in a double cutaway? i found a picture but i cant find a double cutaway for sale
Quote by steve108819
Ask and ye shall receive

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GRE-2505040-LIST?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

I agree with the above. The single cut is MUCH better looking. My opinion only.

ah! thanks soooo much! is the name different for the double cutaway? like gretsch double jet or something? maybe thats y i couldnt find it. yeah i dunno. i kinda like the double cutaway but i also kinda like the single too. ahh im trapped
Yes, they have two different names.
Pro Jet=single cut
Double Jet=double cut

They both play and sound identical. It all comes down to preference for looks.
I love the Gretsch Pro Jet WITH Bigsby.
The neck is great for almost anything.

You can get great rock tones out of it and stellar cleans.

The one I played at GC had a tone knob on the cutaway. I didn't mess with it. Not sure what it did.

I loved it. I'm gonna buy one.

By the way, there are some duo jet's that are only a single cutaway.
awesome. exactly what i was looking for. does the bigsby take the guitar out of tune a lot? when i use the whammy bar on my fender it does. so i just want to know if itll do the same thing. if it does i probably have no use for the bigsby.
You won't be doing any divebombs with a Bigsby. That's not what it's designed for. Mine doesn't go out of tune from using it, although I don't use it all that much. It's a pretty cool effect when needed though.
Quote by steve108819
You won't be doing any divebombs with a Bigsby. That's not what it's designed for. Mine doesn't go out of tune from using it, although I don't use it all that much. It's a pretty cool effect when needed though.

yeah im not planning on doing any crazy divebombs like eddie van halen. i doubt i will even use it that much. and that sounds pretty cool. can u kinda turn it out of the way when ur not using it? if that makes any sense
Yeah, you can.
You can move it, it's just kinda there, but it won't move by itself.

You can use it as a vintage tremolo. Of course I was in a GC playing it for about 20 minutes. I'm not sure if that's very good for it.
ok awesome. i think this'll be my next guitar then. it has everything i want in a guitar. hopefully i can get it soon. thanks guys
are you by any chance doing this because of the beatles? becasue you asked about the duo jet too, which harrison played
Quote by mick13
are you by any chance doing this because of the beatles? becasue you asked about the duo jet too, which harrison played

i do love the beatles. but no this isnt y i want this guitar. first i asked about the duo just cause i wanted to know what the difference was and y it was soooo much more expensive. actually the main reason is cause malcolm young uses a gretsch and i absolutely love the sound of acdc. and that is also the same sound me and my band plays. and i think george harrison uses a fender too doesnt he? and i already have a fender so that would be pointless
Quote by Gabel
To listen to some good Bigbsy, listen to some Neil Young!

Or Brian Setzer
Quote by steve108819
Or Brian Setzer

yeah. i love the brian setzer version of cmon everbody. but he has a hollow body which i dont like as much. my style is more like hard rock/blues. really similar to AC/DC. rockabilly is ok but its not my style