Hey guys, I have the ibanez rg4exfm1 with a floyd rose system and recently got the tremelo bar for it form gutiar center. my question is how do i install it? when i insert the bar into the coresponding slot, its very floppy and falls down. whenever i see people on youtube or whatever play with a tremelo bar, their bar always seems very secure and stable.
if it's not falling off then it should be good if it stayed in front of the strings it would get in the way of playing, so unless im missing something then its fine
how do i make it so that it stays upright for easier access? i just saw satriani play and his bar stays nearly upright very solidly
In mostly every guitar vibrato system (except a bigsby type) the tremolo bar always falls down except if you glue it in or something.
well i don't know much about tremolo bars (technical wise) but I know that mine won't stay up so the only way I know of is holding it there as you play
Quote by darkcheef
In mostly every guitar vibrato system (except a bigsby type) the tremolo bar always falls down except if you glue it in or something.

Errr, no.. My OFR can be set to either stay solid still or wave about or anywhere in between. The OP's guitar is an Ibanez so I am assuming its an Edge III Tremolo

Here is a picture that shows you where you can adjust the arm height and torque[how tight the bar is]

Quote by Trivium_666
Errr, no.. My OFR can be set to either stay solid still or wave about or anywhere in between. The OP's guitar is an Ibanez so I am assuming its an Edge III Tremolo

Here is a picture that shows you where you can adjust the arm height and torque[how tight the bar is]

I only know about non locking vibrato units so I guess for me.
ibanez edge tremolo's have bushings on the end of the tremolo bar that goes into the bridge. if the bushing is worn too much the bar won't stay in place. you can get more bushings to pop on if you shop around, sometimes you can find stores that have them
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
ibanez edge tremolo's have bushings on the end of the tremolo bar that goes into the bridge. if the bushing is worn too much the bar won't stay in place. you can get more bushings to pop on if you shop around, sometimes you can find stores that have them

Yeah I think 2 bushings would make it the tightest so make sure you have both of them on.
I had the same problem with a cheap Liscenced FR. I just cut up a tiny piece of paper and jammed it in the end of the bar where it attaches. When I screwed it on all the way it would always stay where I put the bar. I don't know how your trem bar attaches though so this could be useless for you.
sorry to revive this thread but from reading the above posts, which should i do? either buy more brushing or raise the bridge using the tremolo bar and using an allen wrench to tighten it?
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by dNWaKE
sorry to revive this thread but from reading the above posts, which should i do? either buy more brushing or raise the bridge using the tremolo bar and using an allen wrench to tighten it?

Depends on what model you have. If your bridge has a torque adjustment, use that. Otherwise, use more bushings.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.