RabbidWolf
2,073 IQ
How do you "sing" like Blythe? I know how to do a death growl but this sounds different. Any pointers??
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
protest000
1,528 IQ
Youtube it. There are lots of tutorials videos for all types of screams/grunts.
Sending a dummy to my God.

sound-byte
Merry Fistmas
212 IQ
its called vocal fry and it sounds like crap. dont do it. u know how to growl, stick with that, it sounds coooler
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
BoxofFun
Banned
40 IQ
I've ever heard anyone come even close to what he does, and I doubt its a fry because hes only been getting better after like 14 years of constant screaming, if he was a frier he wouldn't even have a voice after that.

He does do the whole Marrissa Cross lesson things that alot of singers are doing nowadays, maybe that has something to do with it............
lambofgodowns
yeah.. I use a fake sg
165 IQ
Quote by I-am-hollywood
Listen to pantera haha

you're so funny...
PhobiXa
ur moshing
216 IQ
the reason he sounds the way he does is cause his voice is absolutely destroyed. years of drinking and smoking.

so yeah if you want to sound like that you know what to do, wouldn't suggest it though.
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
Quote by BoxofFun
I doubt its a fry because hes only been getting better after like 14 years of constant screaming, if he was a frier he wouldn't even have a voice after that.

Randy uses the vocal fry.
He has a VERY deep voice which aids to his style but to be honest just practice, start simple and work your way up to a style you like.

As quoted & adapted from Melissa Cross on the ZoS - You don't want to SOUND like Randy Blythe. Let Randy Blythe sound like Randy Blythe. What you want to do is to give people the same feeling you get when you hear Randy Blythe scream.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
Quote by Magero
I wouldn't listen to anything that "woman" says.

Plenty of people who do it day in day out accredit her. I don't have any reason not to listen to her.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Nautkyn
90 IQ
i did a cover of liad to rest , its in my profile, i think its pretty close, still alot to work on...
SkepsisMetal
✈ 🍁
1,468 IQ
Randy does NOT use fry, it sounds completely ****ing different. On Burn The Priest, New American Gospel and some of ATPB he uses inhales, and still does incorporate them into all his songs to date, but since AOTW he's used primarily his own style of growl. Listen to or even watch Killadelphia. His voice just sounds more gravelly because of alcohol abuse and regular smoking.
webbtje
Banned
2,567 IQ
Quote by Yngwi3
Plenty of people who do it day in day out accredit her. I don't have any reason not to listen to her.

I have: her first instructional DVD doesn't actually fucking teach you anything.

WEBBDIT: Also, holy poo user above, epic thread revival.
Last edited by webbtje at Nov 1, 2009,
andyscoot
UG Senior Member
1,744 IQ
I don't think growls/scream can be taught, since what might hurt you, will not even bother another person, you just have to find your own voice
Dissension Band
Is Homeless
126 IQ
Quote by Yngwi3

Her advice is shallow and mostly pointless. Mediocre breathing exercises and such... not to mention she only focuses on vocal fry... which sucks.
Monolith295
Life iz Hell
1,705 IQ
All that lady says to do is what every jerk off on youtube says. "Don't use ur thraot now guize, you gotta screamz with ur diafram!!! Just push an go UUURRRGH! Subscribe an chek my cool cover vidz" **** that.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
"Death growl"
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?