Hello everyone!

I have been playing guitar for about a year, and have gotten pretty good.

But a problem I've found recently, is that I don't really feel like I'm learning. I could read a tab to one of my favourite songs and play it, but I don't feel like I'm learning.

I think the problem is, I know that I want to be able to play really good, but I don't know how to get there. I'd really like to learn how to play Spanish style guitar, and be able to create songs as well as play them.

Have any of you experienced this and, if so, how did you get out of this dip?
Cheers
Last edited by The Gore Child at Aug 3, 2009,
I got out of that dip by learning guitar lessons weekly from those people on youtube rockongoodpeople and by listening to new bands and being open minded .
I was in a very similar thing to you after a years worth of playing. (Now been playing for 2 and a half years). The way i got out of it was to challenge myself. Find a song you think you wouldn't be able to play and then work your ass off at it until you get it. Once you've got that you'll have the skills to learn other songs of the same difficulty. That's what i did and it worked out good for me.
Broaden your horizons, learn some Jazz stuff or anything that's not really in your repertoire. Lessons on Youtube do a pretty good job of teaching beginner lessons for different styles, I like to use Justin Sandercoe's videos personally.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.