Which better for the money and the overall performance?

Music: Metal, blues, blues, jazz, and rock
Favorite artists: Dire Strait, Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Death, Behemoth, Gorguts
Style of music I write: Progessive death metal

I really want the one with great cleans and amazing metal tones. I found these amps cheaper on craigslist.

Marshall JCM600 2x12 all tube Combo

Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 Electric Guitar Amplifier

Marshall JCM800 4212 2X12 Combo

1972 Marshall Artiste 2x12 Combo

other?

My budget has been reduced to 800- 1000.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 3, 2009,
JSX, Baron M60L,Line 6 HD147
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Aug 3, 2009,
I have Hot rod deluxe, great for almost all that stuff, but don't know about metal, depends on the pedal you use i guess, don't play metal so I am not 100% sure. Has a "more drive" channel o this thing that is dirty as hell, so maybe that on 10 combined with a pedal would give you a death metal tone? Alot of bands that down-tune heavil for thier metal also use bass amps for the guitars, depending on how far you down tune this may be something to consider as well.
why do you ask for those amps if your signature wants an ENGL Blackmore Signature?
Hola.
Quote by luyano
why do you ask for those amps if your signature wants an ENGL Blackmore Signature?

its not in his budget of 1000
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by luyano

I just didn't get around to change it maybe?

But for you I will.
why a marshall? the only thing that sounds perfect through a marshall is a gibson les paul. with your budget, you could buy a b*itchin' bugera amp or an awsome peavey. you can play anything through those. there are multiple channels on those that can give you any tone or heavey distortion you need.
Quote by devin_g94
why a marshall? the only thing that sounds perfect through a marshall is a gibson les paul. with your budget, you could buy a b*itchin' bugera amp or an awsome peavey. you can play anything through those. there are multiple channels on those that can give you any tone or heavey distortion you need.

FIRST, I heard Bugera makes amps that have 50/50 chances of breaking down. Second, I know a load of guitarists that play with different guitars through Marshalls and sound better or on the same level as a Gibson Les Paul. Last, I really can't take your advice because it sounds like advice/opinion of a person that doesn't know much about guitars and amp in general.
Quote by devin_g94

Mr Frusciante would like a word with you.
Quote by herman ri2
I just didn't get around to change it maybe?

But for you I will.

i think that none of those amp is versatile enough for you
i dont know too much about amps but you could look for another brands or some modellers like the Line 6 Flextone or the Vox VT100
Hola.
Out of all of those, the DSL is the only one that can get close - it can do metal and blues (ask Trivium and Jeff Beck) but IDK if it can get clean enough for jazz.

Maybe buy two amps - something like a used Fender HRD for jazz and blues, and a Peavey 6505 combo for the rock and metal?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I'd probably take the 800 or the Artist, though neither one is going to have enough gain for you, you'll need an OD.

The DSL401s just sound weak to my ears (they run on EL-84s, not EL-34s), the only DSLs worth buying are the 50 and 100.

The 600 is like a 900 if I'm not mistaken, but with less gain? Wouldn't buy it.

Seriously, buy a Mesa Mark III combo. Perfect for what you want, and in your budget if you look around, either that or have it shipped from the US.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com