My left wrist hurts after playing. Not all the time but sometimes. It feels like the tendons (not exactly sure if that's the right term) are hurting at the wrist.

These seem to be symptoms of RSI and I'm a bit scared. How can I prevent this? I like to play standing up and I have my guitar fairly high as well. But I play riff-heavy songs like the ones from Protest the Hero

Not sure if it matters but my guitar is epi lp 100
stop playing for a while and give it a rest... don't want to cause any more damage... maybe ask your guitar teacher if your technique is incorrect
i get the same thing. i always played on a thin wizard neck and when i got my les paul the thicker neck helped a lot. since you have an LP already, i'd second the "stretch a lot" idea. try out some different guitars and see whats most comfortable for you
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i get the same thing. i always played on a thin wizard neck and when i got my les paul the thicker neck helped a lot. since you have an LP already, i'd second the "stretch a lot" idea. try out some different guitars and see whats most comfortable for you

Yup, changing to a guitar with a different neck profile makes a huge difference.