Ok, so i wanna start like a 1960s style folk, folk rock band like bob dylan, and CSNY...
and i was wondering what do you guys think, will it go anywhere or will i be booed of stage?
If you're good and in the right place, you're not gonna get booed off stage.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Depends on the crowd. Duh. If they're into that kinda music you'll sell it. If you play to a bunch of metalheads it won't.
ok, but to get anywhere in the indystry, like mainstream. i had success for doing bob dylan covers, but if i am to write my own stuff.
If your worried how it will go down with the crowd then your probably starting the band for the wrong reasons. Play what you want o.p and not what the crowd wants..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Depends who you play for, but I'm a 100% certain if you play it someone, somewhere will enjoy it.
Judas!!!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by JacobTheMe
I will illegally download your music.

If you are good.

lol thank you, i am good. i will be honoured if you would illegally download my music.
Nothing sells anymore.

Play whatever kind of music you want. There will be fans.

EDIT: oh yeah, folk is mildly popular now
Last edited by thelurker at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by esp1234
I'd like to be in it..........

live in southern cali? if so, send me a message.
There are five keys to fame to me.

In order of importance, #1 being the most important;

5. Good distribution.
4. The resources to get your end as the artist done.
3. Worthwhile music.
2. Goddamn luck like hell.
1. Playing the right venues to the right people at the right times.

If you can get one and three, the rest will come except maybe two. Get three, then go to one.

Personally I love 60's Revival Folk, so I'd listen if you put stuff out.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by docbjork
lol thank you, i am good. i will be honoured if you would illegally download my music.

That's the spirit! Anyway, Bob Dylan is pretty popular, so I guess it will succeed.
Quote by docbjork
live in southern cali? if so, send me a message.

sadly no. Florida :\
Quote by jimmyled
That's the spirit! Anyway, Bob Dylan is pretty popular, so I guess it will succeed.

Definitely. Even nowadays, Together Through Life reached #1 for a respectable amount of time everywhere other than Ireland, Italy and Japan, and even then it stayed in the single-digits.

Quote by necrosis1193
Definitely. Even nowadays, Together Through Life reached #1 for a respectable amount of time everywhere other than Ireland, Italy and Japan, and even then it stayed in the single-digits.

Never heard of them... Guess they didn't reach number 1 in Israel.
Quote by jimmyled
Never heard of them... Guess they didn't reach number 1 in Israel.

it was bob dylans newest album... great album.
Quote by docbjork
it was bob dylans newest album... great album.

Oh lol. Well it did succeed here, although I didn't listen to it. Don't like that much really.
Quote by jimmyled
Oh lol. Well it did succeed here, although I didn't listen to it. Don't like that much really.

yeah, just like they were saying above, depends on the crowd. you just have to have a taste for his stuff, people say his voice is horrible, but some say its great lol people always debate over his voice.
Bob Dylan sucks.

I might listen to your stuff though if you are capable of singing and can write decent lyrics.
kill all humans
Quote by docbjork
yeah, just like they were saying above, depends on the crowd. you just have to have a taste for his stuff, people say his voice is horrible, but some say its great lol people always debate over his voice.

My father and I debate over it all the time. I say it's raspy and raw, but that's the magic of it. He says he sounds like someone's in pain. I think we're both right to be honest.

If you give us recordings we'll have any easier time deciding.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by necrosis1193
My father and I debate over it all the time. I say it's raspy and raw, but that's the magic of it. He says he sounds like someone's in pain. I think we're both right to be honest.

I used to hate his voice until not long ago, and now I listen to him from time to time.
give us a link dude.

i consider myself in that same boat... Dylan/Beatles -esque.. i have songs in my profile and my myspace is in my sig.....

wheres your stuff?
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
The grindcore band Dr. Acula cites its main influences as Thursday, Cannibal Corpse, Frank Sinatra and Donovan. Are they successful?
love is love // return to dust