whats a good epiphone les pual that has real nice tone distorted and clean and goes for a price range in about 400-600?
I say none, get a Agile AL 3100, a much bigger bang for your buck than a epi. But anyway what is your current amp?
Well seeing as they are only 2 or 3 maybe you could play them and see for yourself.....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by chikinskratch
whats a good epiphone les pual that has real nice tone distorted and clean and goes for a price range in about 400-600?

An Epi LP Studio will go for a dime and change. First hand experience on it: I like it as is.

I've no first hand experience with Agiles or ESPs or any other LP knock off / copies.
dude the only epi les paul in that range is the plus/plain top which are the exact same guitar...... so basically you decide, but yea the agiles are okay but ive played some really crappy ones and most of the people here have never tried em before just hear theyre good by word of mouth the only problem is you cant try before you buy, also look into hagstrom suede and ultra suede guitars, theyre les paul shapped guitars.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
epiphone les paul standared (awesome)
epiphone 1956 gold top (amazing)
epiphone les paul ultra(no comment)
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Epiphone LPs are ok in my opinion.. just swap out all the electronics and pickups with something better.. i think they have really crappy stock pickups.. then, with the money you've spent on the epi and the mods, you could've bought a better quality:value guitar..
a used Tremonti SE perhaps?
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Hmmm,that's getting near the price of some Edwards LP copies,which destroy Epi models and even rival some Gibson models IMO.For the price of an upgraded Epi you could get an Edwards that already has a nice set of pups (JB/'59 set) and much better QC and build quality.Just a thought,but it might be worth considering.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Greco Les Pauls (Cheap ones are like $100, a nice one can set you back like $500), or Tokais (Not sure about the price of those).
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!