Does anyone know roughly how much it costs to send an amp head from the USA? I want a baron amp (i know there are great euro amps but thats what i want).
You should be careful with voltage or something like that. America's and Europe's currents are different... or something like that, I'm no engineer.
Quote by NiTrO_FrEeZiNg
You should be careful with voltage or something like that. America's and Europe's currents are different... or something like that, I'm no engineer.

Its custom built.
Aside from obviously the high shipping costs of getting something as large and heavy as an amp head, you'll also have to pay two more fees when getting it into the UK: VAT at 15% and import duties that start at 10% though for larger and heavier items can be higher, and an amp head can often fall under one of the higher price brackets. So basically whatever the price of the amp is plus international shipping, plus minimum 25% of that total but it can be higher.

So for example if the amp's £500, shipping is £50, you'd be paying at least £137 in import and VAT charges.

This is why generally when there is a thread on here baout people in the UK buyiung anything from America, the advice is don't bother, it's almost always cheaper to just buy something in the UK. Even if the item itself costs more, the extra shipping, import and VAT means items from America almost always end up being much more expensive than top UK items.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I realise the costs involved, but im a pro musician, so i get tax relief on musical items so it wouldnt make any difference aside from the interest the money would earn from the time i spent it til the time i get it back in tax deductions.

I got a good shipping quote anyway.