Page 1 of 2
My dog is a black labrador and he has a really thick coat. He is too dirty and smelly to keep inside. He has a kennel with carpet and water and food outside.

So is it ok to keep him outside?

I thought i would ask in the pit because every where else is filled with dog lovers that couldnt dream of a dog being outside.
Yah it's ok.

But you can't just force a dog thats used to living inside, outside. First of all get him a dog house that has insulation.

Try it out, but he might freak out and it might not work...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
No, because I had neighbors who did this and it pissed me off. Unless you let it in at night and during storms.
lots of people keep their dog outside, but they're pack animals, they don't like being alone. they NEED to be with you. consider giving it a bath? It can't get dirty in the house, so give it a bath and it wont smell or be dirty.
Yah, I agree with everything so far.

My neighbour has a shepperd they dont let in, and it barks all day and wont let me sleep. If we are outside it barks at us constantly, so we have to pump music.

Also Coyotes do kill dogs, and other animals, so watch out for wild life.

And also... just bathe it?
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Both my dogs are outside.

I love them very much.

They're animals, they're freer out there than cooped up inside, where they have to beg to go outside to run around or take a ****.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
As long it's cold and stormy enough outside it shouldn't be a problem.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Duffman123
I do wash it but it just gets dirty again like a day after

so wash it again. don't bring an animal into your family if you aren't prepared to take care of it.
give it a ****ing bath. you chose to adopt or buy the dog.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
lol it is ok to leave it outside....

is NOT ok to make 2 threads about it
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
It's A Dog!!!!! Some People Live Outside All Day, Everyday. Your Dog Will Be Fine!!!!!!
damn right it's ok. it's a dog, not a baby
Quote by stinger12345
Because the Bay Area is the ****.

Quote by RockGuitar92
I'd be like "wtf, bro?" Then I'd promptly ice the bitch.
Quote by hsteve3
It's A Dog!!!!! Some People Live Outside All Day, Everyday. Your Dog Will Be Fine!!!!!!

not if it's a small backyard and TS isn't home all day, especially if its lived inside in close proximity to TS's family it's who life. Dogs get separation anxiety when they are suddenly left alone for hours on end. they start to chew stuff and bark a lot. your neighbors will be more pissed off than your dog will.
Quote by hsteve3

Why Do People Type Like This. Did I Not Get The Memo?
Yeah it's fine.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
not if it's a small backyard and TS isn't home all day, especially if its lived inside in close proximity to TS's family it's who life. Dogs get separation anxiety when they are suddenly left alone for hours on end. they start to chew stuff and bark a lot. your neighbors will be more pissed off than your dog will.

The homeless face the same issues.

If TS needs help with this, he may need to put his animal up for adoption.
Quote by kashuul

they attempted to engage capslock.... they failed.
Quote by kashuul

I had caps lock on. I don't know why, but that's how it appeared after posting.
Quote by Duffman123
My dog is a black labrador and he has a really thick coat. He is too dirty and smelly to keep inside. He has a kennel with carpet and water and food outside.

So is it ok to keep him outside?

I thought i would ask in the pit because every where else is filled with dog lovers that couldnt dream of a dog being outside.

I am one of the people who couldn't dream of it. If he's dirty and smelly, give him a bath you lazy jerk. My 8 year old deaf mutt, sleeps on the end of my bed every night. We don't even tie her out when she does her bussiness.
I'd say let him in.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
they attempted to engage capslock.... they failed.

CRUISE CONTROL BRO

No i have a big backyard where it can roam around, and it has hardly ever ben in the house so it wont miss it, so its use to being outside
Quote by Duffman123
No i have a big backyard where it can roam around, and it has hardly ever ben in the house so it wont miss it, so its use to being outside

if its already been outside for most of its life, why are you even asking us then?
Quote by Duffman123

You should at least give it a proper dog house so it can have somewhere with a roof to go.
This may have already crossed your mind, I just felt like I had to contribute seeing as how I kinda spammed your thread.
Give him a bath. Moron.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I say take him inside. You decided you wanted a dog, now you have to remember to properly care for him/her; that means bathing and cleaning in addition to food and shelter. I may get annoyed at my two dogs sometimes, but that doesn't stop me from making sure they are properly looked after, cared for and loved.
You should at least give it a proper dog house so it can have somewhere with a roof to go.

It has a doghouse
also, if you have winter of any kind, BRING IT INSIDE. the only dogs i know of that are capable of standing the winters in my country, are Huskeys. labs are mild weather dogs.at night, bring it inside. in winter, bring it inside. In dangerous weather such as bad thunderstorms, bring it inside. it will be fine as long as it isn't out there all the time.

you bought the dog, if you dont want to be around it because it smells, you
a) can't take care of it properly... bathe the poor thing
b) made a poor choice
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 3, 2009,
Give your dog a bath. It is a dog, after all. The aroma of a dog inevitably comes with owning a dog. He's not going to smell any better outside than inside. The implication of you wanting to put him outside says to me that you will probably not spend nearly enough time with your dog. Sure it is "okay" for a dog to stay outside, as it is an animal and it can handle it. But, it is a tamed animal like most human beings. It wants some love and comfort of having people (or other familiar animals) around it. Owning a pet is a lot like having a child. You need to put a lot into it.

Really, the best thing would be to research some animal shampoos and give him a bath. The water is not going to make him smell much better initially, but it'll clean him extensively so he's not as painful to be around. I don't personally own a dog but I have friends who do. Sometimes when their dogs smell like **** I just can't stand to bare them (no matter how much I love them).
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
also, if you have winter of any kind, BRING IT INSIDE. the only dogs i know of that are capable of standing the winters in my country, are Huskeys. labs are mild weather dogs.at night, bring it inside. in winter, bring it inside. In dangerous weather such as bad thunderstorms, bring it inside. it will be fine as long as it isn't out there all the time.

you bought the dog, if you dont want to be around it because it smells, you
a) can't take care of it properly... bathe the poor thing
b) made a poor choice

My husky makes us bring him at night in the winter. He'll chill outside all day if its -20 celsius, hes crazy. Then it's 30 degrees celsius and he'll lay in the sun all day... strange dog.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

lol my dog doesnt even come inside. its not that big of a deal i dont see why everyones making one out of it. my dog's a border collie and he also has a thick coat.

And if you want him inside why not just wash him?
Yep. I grew up on a farm in a very rural area and there is no such thing as an indoor dog, trips to the vet or any of that other sh1t. Dogs stay outside people inside. If it gets too old or sick you man up and fvcking shoot it.
If you have a large yard and he has a dog house it's perfectly acceptable to keep him outside. Just remember to bathe and feed him and don't forget to play with him. And if their is a serious storm or a freeze at night bring him inside. If you can do all that then it's alright by me.
Page 1 of 2