I have £300 to spend on a new amp or whatever gear best suited. I have a Vintage V100 and Roland Micro Cube as of now but want to upgrade amp to have something sufficient for band or jam sessions. If it is better to buy a cheaper amp and 'X' gear then I will do that. I've played for 8 months and am just getting started with my first band. I play, generally, punk/hardcore/classic rock atm but the only genre that goes untouched tends to be metal. What should I get, UG?
Keep saving. I know it sounds like a typical answer, but it'll be worth it in the end.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
You should be able to find a Laney LC30 for around £300 if you look around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HzjfqbIsI

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laney-LC30-Valve-Amp_W0QQitemZ270437738454QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item3ef75867d6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Though don't go above £300, since they sell new for about £340.
Don't listen to the people telling you to save. Get yourself a nice combo like a Laney VC15, or go onto eBay, and search in the amps section for a Rat Hot Rod amplifier and see if any of them suit your needs (they will!). I got an old model Tube 10 from Rat and it is excellent.
Quote by greggybhoy
Don't listen to the people telling you to save. Get yourself a nice combo like a Laney VC15, or go onto eBay, and search in the amps section for a Rat Hot Rod amplifier and see if any of them suit your needs (they will!). I got an old model Tube 10 from Rat and it is excellent.

+1

VC15, or more likely the VC30, seems ideal.
But look at other brands too.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Another possibility is that of a used Peavey Classic 30, Vox AC15, or even a Valveking from Peavey (although that last one might not get many thumbs up )
Quote by greggybhoy
Another possibility is that of a used Peavey Classic 30, Vox AC15, or even a Valveking from Peavey (although that last one might not get many thumbs up )

agreed

and greggybhoy if you found 15 years worth of jailtime in your amp while would you prove it by posting pics online?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
agreed

and greggybhoy if you found 15 years worth of jailtime in your amp while would you prove it by posting pics online?

What?
I say save up to enough for a 30watt tube.
Ibanez 540S, Randall RG50TC, Blackstar HT-DISTX, Ibanez TS-808
That VC30 looks pretty good. I'll definitely look into these further. Thanks for the help everyone
idk
Experience is something you don?t have, until just after you need it.
+1 on the Vox AC15/Peavey Classic 30/Laney AC30 they'r all really great amps, also the Bugera V22, never heard it but its got good reviews.
Quote by Darkflame
marshall mg

it's got a crushing overdrive

hahaha What?!
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals