Okay I'm planning on buying a Presonus FP10 and the more I read the more I see that it has some serious compatibility issues with Vista. Even when you download the drivers it still seems like there are problems. I don't want to spend extra money to downgrade to XP and I currently don't have the funds to buy a new computer. If I did though it would probably be a Macbook Pro.

Does Vista really cause that many problems with this interface or is it just people who don't know what they're doing? If it's the former than are there any other interfaces that have the same sound quality (or better) with 8 inputs around the same price tag that work fine with Vista?

Thanks for the help.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Its a bit higher up in price then the fp10 but the MOTU 8pre is fantastic. Running it in vista x64 without troubles. (although it doesnt get along with all firewire chipsets too well). I have previously used a presonus firebox with vista x64 and had multiple problems with their drivers.
I agree with the guy above. While the Presonus may work MOTU has overall much more stable drivers.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
If your interface not works in vista (i.e. no ASIO found). Go the the manufactors page and try to find a vista driver.
Quote by GisleAune
If your interface not works in vista (i.e. no ASIO found). Go the the manufactors page and try to find a vista driver.

the issue is that a lot of manufacturers don't make vista drivers for their audio software, let alone 64 bit vista drivers. Presonus is notorious for this.