Hey GB&C!

I have a question about carving the top of my guitar. I'm playing on a Warlock right now, and i'm looking into doing a carved top. I'm not too sure about all of it, but I have a few questions about what it'll do/whether it'll look good. So, I'm wondering:

1) How will it affect my playing? I tend to keep my arm on the top of the guitar too much, so will this help to quell the habit? Also, will it positively/adversely affect my playing?

2) Will it look good? I'm not asking for anyone to say "HURR DURR THEY ALL LOOK LIKE CRAP". I just want to know if it's going to look particularly odd (being that it's on a different shaped instrument).

3)Will the end result be worth it? It's a cheap guitar, but i like playing it, so what's the overall benefit?

Again, I'm not looking for Biased B.C. Rich hate, just an opinion on the above questions. All help is appreciated.

Cheers!
1) it won't change where you put your arm, you have to consciously change that habit.

2) good is entirely subjective. i think if done badly (which you won't, hopefully) it will of course look bad. but if done well, or ok, it will look pretty good. obligatory HURR DURR THEY ALL LOOK LIKE CRAP though.

3) well, depends on what you want. tone will not change noticeably. it will just look better (or worse, maybe D: ).
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
center would be the highest point.

sides are lowest, a gradual contour down. use a random orbital sander and be careful.

there's a tutorial somewhere in this forum, search for it. good luck
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
its just visual, how the fark could the shape of your guitar effect your playing?
so in conclusion it will just look like a carve top. it wont gain any magic abilitys for being a carve top.
just look differant

ps bc rich are good, dont doubt them. its only DB's who cant handle them that cant use them.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
its just visual, how the fark could the shape of your guitar effect your playing?
so in conclusion it will just look like a carve top. it wont gain any magic abilitys for being a carve top.
just look differant

ps bc rich are good, dont doubt them. its only DB's who cant handle them that cant use them.

well, the carve would be where my arm rests on the guitar. I've heard of some players who say that it's best for them.
well, the only thing i would add to my warlock... is a tummy carve. and change the strap pin, that area hurts, lol.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Aug 3, 2009,