Probably... Have you tried a boost with it?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Probably... Have you tried a boost with it?

i have NOT...the tone is pretty generic, but my continual plam mutes dont have that nice crispiness and clarity..

would a boost help?

perhaps using the MXR as a boost?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
i have NOT...the tone is pretty generic, but my continual plam mutes dont have that nice crispiness and clarity..

would a boost help?

perhaps using the MXR as a boost?

Yeah, it is a pretty generic tone, though I do enjoy it, not bad.

I used a DSL50 in the studio a few weeks back and used my Maxon OD-808 running in front of the distortion channel and the result was one of the most articulate sounds I've ever heard come out of an amp.

I didn't bring my MXR though, so I couldn't tell you if you'd get the same result. I'd suggest you go to your local music shop that carries the DSL (or bring your own amp), and try it out on a similar cab with a bunch of OD pedal and the EQ. That way, you'll find exactly what you want, without taking a chance
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^^A boost would tighten it up, which might in turn make your palm mutes crisper.

ahah! success! well, when i asked on here a while back between the mxr and a tubescreamer..

both which i planned to use as a boost, and to tweak the EQ finely, most everyone agreed for the MXR, because it had great boosting abilities, and it's fine tuning capabilities were next to none

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables