Iv got my old S101 Precision fake in a case under my bed. Its a piece of junk but i dont wanna get rid of it because it was my first bass. Besides im sure the local Hard Rock Cafe will appreciate it when im famouse So i figured, i should upgrade it and maybe make it useful. Im thinking new pups, a new neck, maybe new pots and a new bridge. What does UG think i should do with it?

(Pics later if any one wants them)
Last edited by FUT55 at Aug 3, 2009,
new pups, and a new neck if you can afford it. new pots won't change much, and a new bridge i'm not too sure about, but hey, if you want to.

what is your amp? that has a large effect on your tone.
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
What's wrong with the neck? If I were you I'd keep it. Otherwise do what you want, I'm sure you'll like it better.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

dude i have a mexican p-bass that is a piece as well. im thinking of changing or adding a pup and changing the volume pot. i was looking at some seymour duncans and you should check them out.
member of the fender armada. PM mr_hankey or hendriko to join

cuz fender is awxome its true
Slap a badass II bridge and some quarter pounders on that thing. That would make almost any bass sound good.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Whats wrong with the neck is its slow, and REALLY unstable. I have to adjust it everytime i change the strings or just leave it sitting for too long. I just plain dont like the neck haha.

I was thinking about going with fender pups for that classic fender tone. But im up for any suggestions.

As for my amp, its getting replaced once i get a job. But still, the bass itself sounds like crap when compared with others on the same amp no matter what i do. Besides, i figure if im gonna keep it i should make it worth the space it takes up and it would be good experience