I really hate that feeling you get after coming back from a guitar store after playing some great amps, and feeling like a champ, then plugging into your budget amp noticing how horrible it is.

So just out of curiosity, what amp/effects do you have now? And what do you wish you had?

I've got a ValveKing Royal 8 , and wish I had a Orange Tiny Terror combo
My Traynor is pretty awesome.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Strat
Fender Mexi. Strat with DiMarzio Area '58's and '61
Breedlove AD-25 SR Plus

Original Crybaby
Modded Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-20 GigaDelay
Boss TU-2 Tuner
EHX LPB-1 Booster

Traynor YCS50H
ive got a ****y Freeman 20 watts amp
i would like to have a Vox VT30, sounds freaking nice!
Hola.
um i've never played an amp i like better than my own...so i guess i don't know the feeling
Quote by luyano
ive got a ****y Freeman 20 watts amp
i would like to have a Vox VT30, sounds freaking nice!

VT30's are pretty sweet. I play my roommates all the time.
I just bought a Classic 30 so I hope to be in amp heaven pretty soon!
my Blackheart is Meh.
the gear im gonna have in the future(2 years saving w/ a job) would be a Guerilla guitar or an Ormsby + a Baron K88 or a Granger LO 100.
the gear i always dream of is my very own PRS sig/Private stock + A Fortin Bones and a Cameron CCM 100 in stereo

i know, i know dreaming about guitars is weird...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by evolve215
Can the classic 30 get into the classic rock/hard rocklevel?

yes.
it can also do thrash metal with an OD
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I have an Epi LP SPECIAL II, emphasis on the special... Its actually pretty good, some of the frets are a bit off, but its a lucky one in every other way. and a Kustom 12 gauge amp. The amp is actually way cool for the price, sounds OK, especially when you compare it to an MG.

at the end of the month I'm planning on acquiring a traynor YCS50, and a new guitar still shopping but haven't decided on a jackson dinky, LTD H-401 or EC-401, and a couple PRS guitars.

ampwise i would love to have both a JCM 800 2205 head and a fender twin reverb. Guitar wise I'd love a Tele and A LP with a strats scale length and neck, and the bridge recessed
Nah my stuffs great
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
my gear is in my sig. i like it alright. my vk is ok, but it's kind of lacking. the cleans just don't have that sparkly chimey character to them that i love, and the distortion is decent. i'd really like a mesa stiletto ace, or something similar. as for guitars, i'd just like a warmer HH guitar to complement my strat, like a carvin ct3. luckily, when i get my check, i'm buying a pedalboard, power supply, a t.c. electronic nova repeater, and a fulltone ocd, so that should keep me occupied for a while.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
i used to feel that way, back when i played with a pacifica 012 and a 10 watt ibanez amp

but now that i've got a modded pacifica with fender custom shop pickups, a fender jaguar, an ibanez RG, an ibanez les paul from the 70s, a traynor combo tube amp, a 65 watt laney combo from the 80s, a pedalboard that's worth 3000 dollars and a wireless system, excluding my keyboards.....
i love my gear so much =D never been jealous since then
Too much gear to list... But I want an Ibanez S Prestige and some Bareknuckle Painkillers for my Carvin.

I would also like a Krank Rev Jr Pro 50, sos I can have an amp running into my Mesa 4x12 again. Lulz.

Either that or I'd trade my amps for a Diezel Herbert and call it a day!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 4, 2009,
Got this piece of **** Ibanez Toneblaster...it's even worse than the hated MG.

I want the Blackstar HT-5 so bad.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I've got a Special Edition Fender Lite Ash Strat with Duncans, A modded Gibson SG, Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 50, Orange Tiny Terror Head and Orange 112, a BOSS ME-50, and a Fulltone OCD. Truth is my gear is pretty great but I dislike almost all of it. That's is why I'm selling everything but the SG and OCD .

I GAS a Blackstar HT-5, Vox AC15, Orange Rockerverb 50, a Musicman Axis, and a Les Paul in Antique White.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
My rig is in the sig.

I wish i had 2 Eminence Wizards in that combo, the combo on a (stereo) closed back 2x12 loaded with Eminence Guvnors. A Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, an Air Norton in the neck. A Pigtronix Philosophers Tone (any of you have experience with that?) and possibly some random BYOC pedals, give me a volume pedal at the end of the fx loop, and some rack eq!

Oh wait, this was just amps. :/
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I have a B-52 amp and I love it. It blows all the other 300-400 dollar amps at my local shop to pieces.

My guitar can get on my nerves at times (the screws on it are rusting, which doesn't look pleasant) but all in all it's been good to me and I can't complain.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I actually don't mind how my 'crap amp' (AVT50 with an aftermarket speaker) sounds, when I run my Sonic Stomp and an EQ with it. It's tight and djenty and sounds like a slightly warmer version of older Valvestates. I think with those two pedals it gets a decent tone that's somewhere between a JCM800 and a VH-140. Maybe a little muddier then either of those, but for bedroom practice it's fine. I mostly play through my Pocket POD anyways.

I wish I had an Ampeg VH-140C and a Bad Cat Lynx. I'm happy with my guitars, although I'd maybe like to add a Hagstrom Swede with a Super Distortion in the bridge to the collection someday. I don't own any real FX pedals (EQs and Sonic Maximizers don't count), and honestly, I can't see myself needing them for what I like playing.

Edit: Screw the Swede, I want a stringthru-TOM, neckthru contoured Jagstang shaped custom.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
my Blackheart is Meh.
the gear im gonna have in the future(2 years saving w/ a job) would be a Guerilla guitar or an Ormsby + a Baron K88 or a Granger LO 100.
the gear i always dream of is my very own PRS sig/Private stock + A Fortin Bones and a Cameron CCM 100 in stereo

i know, i know dreaming about guitars is weird...

Do it!!!!!!!!

For now, with my skill level and level of income (nothing), I'm happy with what I have. Squier Strat and a Blackheart Little Giant. I WANT a Fender amp to get some shmexy cleans and I want to replace the tubes in the LG with something that isn't Made in China crap, but for now I'm just happy to have decent tone to learn with.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 4, 2009,
I love my XXX super 40. Only thing is I wish it had better cleans, they aren't bad just not fender cleans.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I've been living in Korea for almost a year now and have been playing my, admittedly beautiful Korean made, Tele copy through a 10 watt SS piece of ass with a 6 inch speaker.

This is coming from playing a MiJ Fender Tele through an Orange Rocker for the last year or two.

I can't wait to get back to England to play my gear.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay