I'm looking for some epic speed metal tunes...you know, the ones that are like 10 minutes long.

Preference goes to instrumentals if possible, though I'm good with lyrics so long as the singer is good.

Any suggestions?

EDIT

After reading the recommendation thread, I think what I'm looking for would be better classified as power and/or prog metal. Something along the lines of DragonForce or Dream Theater (though with less emphasis on the techno/keyboard stuff and more on guitar).

The main reason I'm looking for epics in these genres is to study them. I've been trying to write an epic instrumental for ages, but it usually comes out more like Metallica's new Suicide and Redemption, only more repetitive...if you can imagine that.
Last edited by AlphaBlackheart at Aug 4, 2009,
Rime of the Ancient Mariner- Iron Maiden Its like 13 minutes and one of their fan favorites.
Quote by j.dub
White Walls

This or Ants Of The Sky by BTBAM
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
http://www.myspace.com/tstband
sunflower avenue
it is by no means long, but is epic especially toward the end. post some tabs if you try to figure it out.

or

pretty much anything by protest the hero is epic, but not long

some one already took white walls which would be awesome, probably more of what you were originally thinking...
Crimson by Edge of Sanity. It's epic. Like, 43 minutes long epic.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Are all of you missing the whole speed metal thing? Instead of crap like BTBAM give him some good, speed metal epics.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
The Seven Angels - Avantasia, 15 mins
The Mystic Prophecy of Dem - Rhapsody of Fire 16 mins
Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness - Rhapsody of Fire 19 mins
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Corrupted - El Mundo Frio 72 mins
Corrupted - Sangre/Humanos + El Mundo 123 mins
Sleep - Dopesmoker 73 mins

Epic enough?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Ragen
Symphony X - The Oddyssey

Epic, epic song

This.

Also, Symphony X- The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Epic, epic, epic, song.

Both go off the Epichter Scale.
Quote by AlphaBlackheart
EDIT

After reading the recommendation thread, I think what I'm looking for would be better classified as power and/or prog metal. Something along the lines of DragonForce or Dream Theater (though with less emphasis on the techno/keyboard stuff and more on guitar).

The main reason I'm looking for epics in these genres is to study them. I've been trying to write an epic instrumental for ages, but it usually comes out more like Metallica's new Suicide and Redemption, only more repetitive...if you can imagine that.

Lol.
I know it isn't Speed Metal, but The Warrior's Infinite Opus by Inferi is my favourite instrumental at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROg8DBpKmw
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony
Amorphis
Quote by iceman_8319
The human eye only captures a certain amount frames per second.
By the time you've read this post, 3 ninjas have had sex in front of you.

Speed Metal Symphony is not worth repeat listens.

Ninja is a good song, from what I recall... All my Cachophony seems to have vanished from my computer at some stage.
This thread is missing one song that fits to the request of guitar-oriented stuff. Don't know if you already got it from the rec thread...

Iced Earth - Travel in Stygian (Days of Purgatory version)
One Road to Asa Bay - bathory
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Quote by freddaahh
I know it isn't Speed Metal, but The Warrior's Infinite Opus by Inferi is my favourite instrumental at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROg8DBpKmw

Dude, **** yeah, epic as hell. You ever had the pleasure of seeing them live?

As for epic, try any Stratovarius. epic indeed. Also, Nightwish, and Savatage has a few that are pretty epic.
Quote by webbtje
You Suffer.

..But Why?
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Kalisa- Cybion. Its a 72 minute long prog song that sounds just like dream theater mixed with other prog influences.