My guitar is Yamaha RGX612.
One of the pickup switches broke off a few weeks ago, I just don't know what to do with it. I lost it too. Here's a picture:

What should I do?
I am an Atheist, and I'm still alive.
It seems your god doesn't have any problems with Atheists. Why do you have?
it should be pretty obvious you have to replace that. theres nothing you can do about it and it still work properly.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I know I should replace it, but with what? and how?
Quote by NirvanaFan!
I know I should replace it, but with what? and how?

first of all, find out what kind of switch it is. what does it do? coil split?

once you figure out what type it is, go find that type at an electronics store, then solder it in.

to figure out what type it is, first take a picture of the underside of the switch, post that here. now, does it flip both ways? or does it flip both ways or stay in the middle?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
first of all, find out what kind of switch it is. what does it do? coil split?

once you figure out what type it is, go find that type at an electronics store, then solder it in.

to figure out what type it is, first take a picture of the underside of the switch, post that here. now, does it flip both ways? or does it flip both ways or stay in the middle?

yeah look at the bottom, see how many pins it has, and go to the store and buy one that looks that same at the bottom. measure the shaft too. Two or three way switch? When you buy a new switch, just take a picture of the old switch and wires and solder the wires in the exact same configuration. You don't even need to know what the switch does. Just get a new switch and wire it the same as the broken one.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
What's the difference between a Two way switch to a three way switch? I think I need a two way switch.
Quote by NirvanaFan!
What's the difference between a Two way switch to a three way switch? I think I need a two way switch.

The switch has two positions or three. Like \ / or \ | / if you understand that
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by NirvanaFan!

It's how many functions the switch has. Like a simple on/off or coil split/not split is just a two way as there are only two ways the switch can go. Same thing for a 3 way except obviously there's a third option.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
So two positions it is. Umm, so I need to buy a new switch... and find someone to solder it with the wires, right?
Wait, Is it really that Important?
Quote by NirvanaFan!
So two positions it is. Umm, so I need to buy a new switch... and find someone to solder it with the wires, right?
Wait, Is it really that Important?

Uh. You can solder it by yourself. There are tutorials and tutorial videos on youtube probably too. It's real simple, and radioshack sells them for like 10 bucks or less. The soldering lead itself if only like 3 bucks and it lasts forever. Go to radioshack and buy everything you need there.

If you always use it in the position it is stuck in then, no, it isn't important. Soldering is an important life skill. You're not a real man until you solder your first wires together.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
You're not a real man until you solder your first wires together.

Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.