I have seen the fuzz factory on a few guitars, like Matt Bellemay from MUSE. I really want to do the mod myself (i have a bit of electrical experience). So can some people tell me how to do this without having to buy a new guitar from Manson guitars or whatever.
Fender American Custom Shop
Black Beauty Les Paul Custom
Vox AD 100
well, if the pedal's guts dont fit in your guitar, your gonna have to rout.
and thenjust change the wireing, instead of the output wire's going to the output, solder them to the input of the pedal, then solder the output of the pedal to the output of your guitar.

you will also need a few switches/knobs, so you can turn it of/mess with settings.

ohh and a battery, or 9v lead would be good...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
In a nutshell:

Basically, you're going to need a supermassive cavity in your guitar underneath the pickguard. What you do is strip the circuit from the Fuzz Factory and drop it into the cavity. Make sure there's some way for you to change the battery without taking the entire affair apart again. Drill holes in the pickguard for where the knobs will go. Buy some sort of control cover for the battery. Put the pickguard back on, and have fun with your built-in Fuzz Factory.

http://www.musewiki.org/Zvex_Fuzz_Factory
http://www.musewiki.org/Mirror_Manson

Have fun, and post lots of pics when you start working on this.

EDIT: Only the fact that it's really late out here can excuse the fact that I forgot about wiring. Basically, you want to take the wires that normally go to your output jack and solder them to the input of the Fuzz Factory circuit. You don't need to worry about knobs and the like, unless you want all your knobs to be uniform... Just recycle the ones that were on the pots from the pedal if you want to be economical. Then solder a connection between the output of the pedal and the output jack of your guitar.

Cheers!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Last edited by MusicalMinority at Aug 4, 2009,
Well you can do symmetrical clipping with two schottky diodes or other rectifying diodes in parallel. You can either add a switch or knob for it or you can change your tone pot to do it.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
what a unique idea!! - that was sarcasm.

p.s. use the searchbar. this is asked at least once a week.
Quote by noisefarmer
what a unique idea!! - that was sarcasm.

p.s. use the searchbar. this is asked at least once a week.

Odd you should say that, I'm pretty active and this is the first time I've seen a thread with this question.

Using the search bar, as you advice suggests yields a few results, none of which answers his question.

Overall, good advice!! - that was sarcasm.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by RJackson
Odd you should say that, I'm pretty active and this is the first time I've seen a thread with this question.

Using the search bar, as you advice suggests yields a few results, none of which answers his question.

Overall, good advice!! - that was sarcasm.

okay, how about use the searchbar intelligently. consider your search query. like i've said, this has been asked before. i'd be willing to bet if you searched gb&c for "matt bellamy" or "muse" you'll come up with everyone else who had this same exact idea and maybe even the 1 in 10 who actually carried out the project.

besides it's not even that difficult to do. make space inside the guitar for the circuitry and put it between the volume pot and the output jack. make holes for the pots then regret the decision a month later. like i said the searchbar, used properly will tell you how to do everything.

maybe theres been a lull in the past 2 months since you've been "pretty active" but like i said this gets asked about once a week, like clockwork.
im building a guitar (my third) and i was thinking i would get the thing so i can do the osscilation like in the intro to Plug In Baby
Fender American Custom Shop
Black Beauty Les Paul Custom
Vox AD 100