I'm self-taught, but I've been learning theorical stuff ever since I started playing guitar. I know to harmonize, notation, etc. But one of my friends, who takes lessons, mentioned something called 'rotten chords'. When I asked him about it, he got all cocky and superior and said nothing (bitch). I tried googling it and nothing. COuld anyone help me out?
Quote by angusfan16

That penis guitar. Hell, i'd wank it.

UG's MEXICAN DRUMMER
Rotten chords? Like... they've been oxidized?

Seriously, slap your friend in the face. He deserves it.

No such thing as a "rotten chord". Unless he means a chord that doesn't sound good to him.

EDIT: Either way... slap him for being a bitch.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Aug 3, 2009,
Maybe he means a dissonant chord, but I've never heard of a rotten chord...
make up your own names as well...

That'll show him
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Possible that his teacher uses rotten chord as a nickname for something else and your friend forgot the actual name. My teacher sometimes does that.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
He could be referring to a diminished chord or dissonant chord. What I am guessing is that his teacher calls the rotten chords just as sort of a pet name and he picked up on it. I am mostly self taught myself but I am in band class, and trust me you don't learn much theory in my band class, and my band director refers to some chords as "Crunchy Chords" hoped that helped at all. If he keeps cocking off just either slap him or learn more and then rock out on this awesome guitar solo using the Phrygian mode and then switching to the Mixolydian mode and he will be like " OH MY GOD! Teach me" and that is when you casually turn off you amp, casually lift your strap off of you and casually beat him with your guitar till there is no bone left unbroken.
Quote by timeconsumer09
Tell him he doesn't know about Fadd9(no5th) chords. That's right.

F - A - G

:rofl:

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON