Hello there. I am currently looking for a bass amp for another person. I have very limited knowledge of the differences in bass amps, but am well versed in the subject of guitar amps. Therefore, I ask you, Bass Forum, to help me shop for an amp. I need an amp that

• Is gig-worthy
  • Is under about $600

Other then that I am fairly flexible; I would much prefer a head/cabinet configuration, but am open to combos. I can buy used, and my craigslist is easttexas.craigslist.org, however, I can also venture into Dallas if need be, as the East Texas craigslist sucks major balls.

In related news, I can probably acquire a SWR 550x head and 210 cab for $475, provided the guy hasn't sold it yet.

Thanks.
For under $600, going used would be the best.
GK, Hartke, Peavey and Carvin seem like the best brand for you to check out.
what sort of music and style of playing?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Shoegaze/Post-Rock stuff, but I don't really know how to describe bass playing. She also likes Brand New, Mono, Muse, and Minus The Bear. She plays with her fingers on an Ibanez Jet King with flatwound strings, if that helps at all.
I always recommend hartke to most people. If she doesn't slap much or at all, then looking at tube amps would also be an option. I can't really recommend anything specific without you/them trying something out and liking something aout it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
the acoustic b200h/the b410 or b150 i thought was a great combo.

you may want to have her try that out